This is a fantastic development opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and motivated senior midwife to become an Enhanced Practitioner in Fetal Well-Being.
The aim of this role is to build upon and positively influence the current practice of achieving healthy birth outcomes for babies who are born in North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
The post-holder will be expected to lead on improving the standard of fetal wellbeing assessment including antenatal fetal monitoring and intrapartum risk assessment/ fetal monitoring, as per elements 3 and 4 of the Saving Babies' Lives Care Bundle.
The post holder will lead and facilitate a specialised programme aimed at equipping midwives and obstetricians to increase their knowledge and competence in identifying fetal wellbeing, potential fetal compromise, and actual fetal compromise in all clinical settings and to improve clinical decision making.
The post holder will be visible in all patient settings to initiate /or lead discussion regarding fetal assessment and to support staff in assessing fetal wellbeing within the clinical environment, ensuring the appropriate fetal monitoring is undertaken.Main duties of the job
Be a highly visible champion in the clinical areas to support midwifery and obstetric provide safe and effective fetal heart rate interpretation. This will be demonstrated through expert clinical knowledge and practice.
Have a strong emphasis on supporting the MDT team in practice and support national programmes on Saving Babies Lives and embedding Human Factors, Psychological Safety and Clinical Decision-making to improve teamwork.
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner, with the key skills to project manage this role and take this element to the next level.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to be involved in the Regional MATNEO programme and will enable the successful applicant to be involved in Audit, Guidelines and National programmes to improve safety for service users. *** Please note we are only able to accept applications from those with a live NMC registration or UK nursing students awaiting their PIN as we are unable to support OSCE at this time***About us
Our teams work hard to be flexible and promote a health work/home life balance and so agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust. Talk to the Recruiting Manager about what this means in practice for you. Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here area few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- To embed and develop the current competency assessment for fetal monitoring to assess and improve the knowledge and skills of all staff providing intrapartum and antenatal care across all maternity settings.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate education and training opportunities for others within own scope of practice.
- Identify learning needs of staff in relation to fetal wellbeing. Responsible for addressing identified learning needs through the development of an action plan.
- To ensure that all midwives and obstetricians providing antenatal and intrapartum care undertake and maintain the competency assessment in assessing fetal wellbeing.
- Help to assess Preceptees, Midwives and students knowledge and understanding of fetal monitoring interpretation by partaking in practical assessments and bespoke training as required.
- Provide direct clinical expertise, advice and support to staff within the clinical area in relation to Fetal Wellbeing.
- Be a visible Leader and Fetal Well-being expert that is accessible to support clinical staff and women.
- Ensure compliance with the Saving Babies Lives Care Bundle element three and four is maintained, monitored and improved within Maternity Services in conjunction with the Consultant Midwife, Directory of Midwifery and Saving Babies Lives Lead Consultant Obstetricians.
- Attend Governance forums including Attain, Labour Ward Forum, Risk and Audit to give expert opinion on fetal monitoring.
- Registered Midwife with live NMC registration
- Relevant Degree or evidence of further study and experience to the equivalent
- Up to date professional portfolio demonstrating evidence of personal and professional development
- Conversant with NMC Rules governing practice
- Experience in all midwifery pathways
- Experience of multidisciplinary working and interagency working
- Experience of mentoring and developing staff
- Evidence of teaching and assessing skills, including design, coordination and evaluation
- Sound knowledge of current professional issues
- Evidence of involvement in audit cycles and reviewing practice
- Knowledge of Saving Babies Lives Bundle and National recommendations
- Sound knowledge of Maternity Improvement Programme
- Knowledge of CNST and National Drivers for Educational Requirements within Maternity
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to motivate staff and influence midwives and other professionals
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant IT Skills
- Project management skills
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.