Do you have a passion for ensuring that people are able to live their lives free from abuse and neglect? Are you interested in a career in safeguarding adults and children?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 full-time positions- 1 permanent and one fixed term for 2 years (Monday --Friday) as Clinical Nurse Specialist Safeguarding in the expanding Safeguarding Team at University Hospitals Birmingham. The role is Trust-wide, working across all hospital sites and will provide the post holder with the opportunity to develop key safeguarding skills
Ensuring that our workforce is equipped to recognise and respond appropriately and proportionately to abuse and neglect is a key responsibility of this role, and the post holder will be a visible role model for clinical staff
Applicants must be registered nurses (children or adults) with experience of working clinically with vulnerable people, but does not need to have worked within safeguarding previously as training will be given
Working with other Team members, the post holder will promote and progress the Safeguarding agenda within the Trust, by promoting best practice, implementing standards and monitoring process in line with local and national guidance as a visible role model, providing clinical support and practical guidance across the Trust.
For information please contact Jane Lovell 07876 577770Main duties of the job
Act as a resource and provide support to clinical areas on Safeguarding patients
Work with Trust staff to promote Safeguarding and to identify relevant cases.
Document and communicate clear safeguarding management plans
Maintain a high profile within the clinical environment
Promote multi agency working to safeguard patients
Play an active role in the Trust safeguarding training delivery
Promote good communication links at all levels in respect of adults and children
Ensure all relevant staff are aware of the differentiation between appropriate and inappropriate disclosure of confidential information
Advise their line manager of safeguarding matters within the Trust as they arise
Use developed professional skills and knowledge to challenge practice, professional misconceptions, and poor practiceAbout us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * Relevant Professional Qualification which could include RGN, RSCN/RCN or Social Work
- * Current registration with Appropriate body
- * Graduate qualification or demonstrable consolidated experience that equates to degree level knowledge
- * Evidence of Professional Update including Safeguarding Update
- * Teaching Qualification
- * Significant / current experience in healthcare with adults, children, or young people, working across a complex and diverse workforce.
- * Demonstrable experience and practice in safeguarding
- * Demonstrable experience in delivering training and education packages to a range of professionals across organisational and professional boundaries / multi-agency care providers
- * Proven ability to analyse problems and to develop successful outcomes / solutions adhering to agreed Policies and Procedures
- * Evidence of ability to manage clinical cases with highly sensitive situations.
- * Excellent communication and presentation skills
- * Effective communication skills to include the ability to contribute to, and comment on complex reports, policies, protocols and guidelines
- * Ability to analyse, interpret and facilitate data or information relating to the role.
- * Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload efficiently and effectively
- * Demonstrable ability to meet key targets / deadlines and objectives
- * Authentic and established leadership abilities proportionate to role , able to provide leadership and empower staff at all levels
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Ability to produce clear , accurate , written and verbal reports
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.