An exciting opportunity has become available on The Cassidy 136 Suite at Highbury Hospital. We are searching for an enthusiastic and motivated Clinical Team Leader for our 136 Suite based at Highbury Hospital. We are looking for dedicated and innovative candidates who have the relevant skills to enable them to effectively lead a small team, demonstrating the knowledge and experience necessary to inspire good practice and develop services and enhance patient experience and quality. This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2 year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team on The Cassidy 136 Suite, which operates on a 24/7 shift basis.Main duties of the job
We need Registered Nurses (Mental Health) who have completed preceptorship, have experience working with adults with mental health problems, are able to lead a team, and work creatively and effectively in a clinical environment. Candidates will demonstrate progressive skills in leadership, supervision, clinical practice, service development, risk assessment and risk management. We need nurses who are approachable, compassionate and motivated with good communication skills. If you are committed to providing person centred care with sound knowledge of best practice within an Adult Inpatient Service, this could be the opportunity for you.About us
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes. Do you want to make a difference? Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career.
Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people - our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcareJob descriptionJob responsibilities
This is a rewarding and vital role in the delivery of treatment to our patients within a supportive environment. In return, we offer a vast range of benefits and opportunities.
Benefits of working at Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced rates of pay for unsocial hours
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Commitment to career development
- Wide range of leadership development opportunities
Day to Day Duties:
- Professional nursing leadership within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide clinical leadership, coaching & mentoring for the development of services
- Maintain excellence through clinical practice development & quality improvement
- Responsible for the safe monitoring, management and administration of medication as required by Trust policy.
- Ensure compliance with best practice directions (NICE) and participation in quality and safety initiatives
- Assess, design, implement and evaluate safe, creative, and effective treatment plans
- Ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained under NMS guidelines
- Professional Qualification (Mental Health/Learning Disabilities/General) to degree level or equivalent
- Maintains current registration with the NMC
- Further specialist knowledge/post registration experience in specific service area or other formal training
- Demonstrate continued professional development to maintain professional registration
- Willingness to undertake new clinical practices, education and training that will enhance service delivery
- Demonstrates satisfactory clinical expertise for the banding
- Specialist and area specific experience
- The ability to deal with and resolve conflict
- Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and understanding of clinical risk assessments
- Knowledge of the nursing 6 c's
- Awareness of national and local issues impacting of nursing care
- Knowledge of management theories
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Diplomatic, caring & sympathetic
- Ability to be flexible and handle conflict issues
- Good skills in assessment intervention and evaluation of patients nursing care
- Clinical supervision skills
- IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A high level of emotional intelligence
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cassidy Suite, Highbury Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.