Nottinghamshire Healthcare is positive about providing integrated healthcare services including mental health, intellectual disability and community health services. Trusts Estates team provides services to numerous healthcare buildings across 3 counties, the majority are based in Nottinghamshire.
The Estates team provides planned/reactive maintenance and emergency services 24/7, 365 days a year through a dedicated team of maintenance personnel and specialist service providers. We are looking to recruit an Estates Officer (Engineering - Building) based at Duncan Macmillan House Nottingham.Main duties of the job
You will assist the Estates Engineering Services Manager in contributing to the efficient and effective provision of healthcare services, ensuring all engineering and building maintenance obligations are met. For this role you will be dealing with both mechanical, electrical, and building situations. The post holder is expected to plan, develop and provide an efficient, cost effective, customer focused, fit for purpose service using a mix of in-house staff and external contractors.
Post holder to provide leadership, technical expertise, and team development, maintaining safe and compliant service delivery and ensuring achievement of service standards.
The post holder will assist in providing a maintenance service in pursuit of ensuring assets are in a condition that fulfils their 'fitness for purpose' at optimum cost over time, operating within the policy statements and guidelines and in accordance with the Trust's standing orders and standing financial instructions.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is seeking a stimulating and challenging role who can function under pressure in a multitasking/multiskilling healthcare environment.
To assist to develop/maintain plant replacement programmes, ensuring condition surveys/ appraisals offixed buildings/assets are carried out to ensure backlog maintenance liability forms part of the Trusts capital investment plan.
Direct, lead and motivate both directly employed and contract labour in order to organise complex activities to ensure the delivery of effective, responsive and quality services to specific client groups within agreed financial parameters.
To carry out the duties placed on employees by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other statutory duties as appropriate. Ensure that all work is executed in full compliance with statutory requirements of Health Technical Memorandums, Department of Health Guidance /HSE ACOPs recommendations and Trust policies and procedures.
Responsible for the procurement of supplies and services and the authorising of payments up to a limit set as per the financial standing orders.
Participate in the development and maintenance of an accurate computerised Estates database on a daily basis identifying operational information needs that would assist in the monitoring of the team performance. Manage and monitor the reactive and PPM open tasks on a regular basis (weekly) providing reviews on all open tasks.
To ensure that the Trust is not exposed to the risk of litigation through actions or in actions of the designated workforce or contractors.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent level of knowledge including ONC / HNC in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Management or Supervisory Qualification
- CIEH Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent
- Environmental / Quality Auditing ISO9001 ISO14001
- Legionella Responsible Person certificate
- Asbestos Management Certificate
- LV Authorised Person
- Management of buildings and building services
- Management of statutory compliance by programming planned maintenance
- Carrying out risk assessments related to Estates tasks
- Knowledge of Implementing financial, quality assurance and performance monitoring systems
- Up to date specialist knowledge of Estates electrical /mechanical Services and their delivery
- Knowledge of building construction and maintenance
- Knowledge of current legislation that appertains to the field of engineering and building maintenance
- Knowledge of computer applications gained in an estates environment
- A strong understanding of Facilities and their service delivery
- An in-depth knowledge of the following: Electricity at Work Regulations 1989ACOP L8 Control of Legionella. Management of Asbestos at Work Regulations
- A comprehensive working knowledge of an Estates Helpdesk operation from job request to job allocation and prioritisation
- A working knowledge of computer applications gained within a Facilities environment
- Legionella. Management of Asbestos at Work Regulations
- A current understanding / appreciation of budgetary and performance management
- Knowledge of the wider NHS
- Knowledge of how security impacts on the role
- Understanding of local and national initiatives that relate to Estates & Facilities
- An understanding of providing services through service level agreements/ contracts
- Awareness of NHS plan and other initiatives
- Good oral and written communication skills at all levels
- Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Database, BMS, Maintenance Management System)
- Good working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Building Services, preferably in a health service or similar environment.
- Ability to liaise with client departments, contractors and external agencies
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise competing deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate a multi-disciplinary Estates team working to deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels of staff and clients/customers
- Hold good influencing and negotiating skills and be able to develop and maintain good working relations with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to recognise any issues that may give rise to concern
- Ability to use MS Project, AutoCAD
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Participate in Estates Emergency on call service as required
- Deputies for the Engineering/Building Services Manager in their absence
- Current driving license for driving Trust vehicles - requirement to work at any of the Trust's sites
- Requirement to work at any of the Trust's sites
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has the physical ability to perform the full range of duties
- Occasional requirement to work at heights, in plant rooms and on potential construction sites
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Duncan Macmillan House
Porchester Road, Mapperley
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.