Are you interested in developing your clinical skills in a friendly and supportive department?
We are offering a band 7 specialist mental health pharmacists post which will make you an integral member of our team, supported by colleagues leading adult and Later Life inpatient pharmacy services.
Working within the pharmacy team will offer you support to develop your expertise and skills through formal training courses, mentoring and regular appraisals. Our team has a wealth of clinical knowledge in a wide range of clinical specialties with a strong team of senior pharmacists. We have excellent links with local universities, as well as a variety of clinical national networks.Main duties of the job
We have the opportunity for enthusiastic pharmacists to join our well-established clinical pharmacy team and help provide excellent care to the patients of Greater Manchester.
Following investment in our pharmacy service and upcoming implementation of our EPMA system, this is a fantastic time to join our expanding team
- We are committed to supporting personal development including the opportunity to complete a funded Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy including non-medical prescribing where appropriate
- Working as a pharmacist within a supportive team and under the guidance of senior clinical pharmacists, you will follow a structured rotation.
- Be an integrated member of the pharmacy team providing a dedicated, safe and effective, patient centred clinical service across the trust, providing high quality pharmaceutical care to all our patients
- No requirement to work in the dispensary
- Opportunity to contribute to service development and quality and safety, through ward rounds, audits and education.
Your professionalism, excellent inter-personal skills and commitment will equip you to be a valued contributor to our service and to develop to be a key member of our clinical pharmacy team.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification for details. Staff Benefits
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Member of GPhC
- 4 years Masters Degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate clinical pharmacy certificate or diploma
- Independent Prescribing qualification
- Hospital experience
- Mental Health Experience
- Supervision of staff
- Delivery of training at Post Graduate level
- Experience of Medicines information
- Experience of MDT working
- Have knowledge of clinical governance, clinical audit and risk management
- Have up to date knowledge of mental health
- Have knowledge of primary and secondary care
- Have the ability to interpret and communicate highly complex data
- Have the ability to manage change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cope with conflicting pressures/ deadlines
- Ability to motivate, negotiate and influence
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with broad range of disciplines
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Atherleigh Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.