B5 Education Mental Health Practitioner PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE EDUCATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER TRAINING COURSE AT UNIVERSITY. Dudley locality 37.5 hours
We have an exciting opportunity as part of a joint venture between CAMHS and Educational Psychology for an Educational Mental Health Practitioner to deliver short term interventions in schools and colleges throughout the localities to those young people demonstrating need for support with their emotional health and wellbeing. We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team who have been successful in their training and are wanting to embed their learning in the Black Country.Main duties of the job
As an Education Mental Health Practitioner you will be expected to work autonomously but also as part of a dynamic mental health team in a creative environment where evidence-based interventions, new ideas, ways of working and supporting children and young people are actively encouraged. This approach requires flexibility and adaptability, and above all a passion for working with children and young people in educational settings. The training you will have undertaken will have enabled you to develop knowledge and practice skills to employ a range of evidence based interventions for common mental health problems via direct individual and group support for children, young people and their parents. The Education Mental Health Practitioner role will:
About usThe Education Mental Health Practitioner is required to
- Work closely alongside a team of mental health professionals delivering a wide range of evidence informed interventions
- Develop and practice evidence-based skills under supervision to work directly with children, young people and families.
- Develop and practice evidence-based skills to carry out holistic and child-centered mental health assessments, including risk assessments.
Join our Team in Black Country Healthcare
- Demonstrate and evidence they have completed the Educational Mental Health Practitioner training
- Have experience of working with children and young people, their families and others.
- Have experience of working and liaising with a wide variety of agencies and stakeholders
- Have experience of working with children and young people who have social, emotional and/or mental health difficulties
Here at Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, we pride ourselves on employing the best people who have the right skills, vision and values to make a difference to the communities we serve. So ask yourself:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Do you want to be part of developing national good practice initiatives?
- Are you skilled in working with children and young people with emerging emotional wellbeing needs?
- Do you believe in providing a young person with best possible outcomes?
- Do you work effectively as part of an enhanced multidisciplinary/multiagency team?
- Are you looking for opportunities for career development and progression?
For more information and a confidential discussion please email Zoe Gilbert, Service Manager on email@example.com or 07795014296
Any questions regarding application please contact our recruitment team on 01384 325028.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
- Successful completion of the HEE commissioned 1yr 'Education Mental Health Practitioner' course.
- Experience of working with children and young people, their families and others
- Knowledge of educational environments
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A further relevant degree qualification
- Experience of working with children and their families in a healthcare setting
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Elms Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.