Are you already a qualified Psychologist or about to qualify this year? Are you looking for a rewarding career working alongside a fantastically supportive team who consistently rate their job satisfaction highly?
We are currently looking for psychologists to join our very well-established Adult Eating Disorders Service team based at St Marks in Maidenhead.
As a Psychologist in our team you will play an important role providing specialist psychological assessments, care planning and a range of evidence-based psychological interventions. You will work one to one with our patients as well as delivering group treatments.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team and with professionals across agencies this role will provide you with a lot of variety in your day to day work.
As a service we are very committed to the development of our staff. Within this role we offer support and development opportunities to progress to a band 8.
The role is Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm and we are open to both full and part time applicants.
You will primarily be based at either St Marks Hospital in Maidenhead or in our NHS site at the University of Reading campus. Both sites offer free parking to staff. There is flexibility for some home working.Main duties of the job
Some of the duties are:
- Assessing adults referred to Berkshire Eating Disorders Service
- Creating care plans for patients referred to the service
- Delivering a range of specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups
- Undertaking and reviewing risk assessments
- Providing specialist advice to and liaising with other professionals
- Maintaining up to date and accurate clinical record
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solution
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe 4 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust site
- Professional qualification at Diploma / Degree level in relevant fields
- Good knowledge of psychological models relevant to eating disorders and evidence based for related interventions
- Previous experience working in a mental health setting
- Ability to manage own caseload and time to work flexibly in response to service demands
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to contact: Viviane Ghuys Viviane.firstname.lastname@example.org wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Postgraduate doctoral qualification in clinical or counselling psychology
- Registered and accredited with HCPC
- Eligible for Chartered status with the BPS
- Good knowledge of psychological models relevant to eating disorders and evidence base for related interventions
- Research experience, including a working knowledge of statistics, data analysis and report writing
- Experience working in mental health across various care settings such as outpatient, day patient and community settings
- Experience of managing highly complex situations concerning safeguarding and risk management
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience working in a specialistEating Disorders service
- Advanced knowledge of several IT systems eg Microsoft Office, Rio, Datix
- High standard of written communication skills
- Ability to manage own caseload and time and to work flexibly in response to service demands
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams and to foster good working relationships
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full UK driving licence
- Use of a vehicle to travel within sites during working hours.
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Eating Disorders Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.