A rare opportunity has arisen to join the Play Department at Bristol Royal Children's Hospital.
We are looking for an experienced Health Play Specialist to help support a well-established team to implement safe, high quality play programmes within our very busy hospital.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be part of a team of Senior Health Play Specialists who support the Play Services Manager with the smooth running of the department whilst having line-management responsibility for a small number of staff. They will also work closely with our charitable partners and other hospital staff to ensure that our patients get the best possible experience during their hospital visits.
If you are a dynamic and innovative individual with a passion for play who is looking to progress their career, we would welcome your application.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description including the main responsibilities and person specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Experience of working as a Health Play Specialist with children in a hospital setting
- Experience of assessing patients' needs to provide specialised play, therapeutic distraction, preparation and post procedural play
- Excellent knowledge of child development
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and have ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to work under own initiative
Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and other in house systems
- Awareness of budget and stock control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Foundation Degree (FdA) in Healthcare Play Specialism or equivalent
- Current HPSET registration (or overseas equivalent) or be in the process of re-registering. You will be required to remain registered with HPSET (or overseas equivalent) whilst in post
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Children's Hospital
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.