- To provide face to face consultation for patients and their carers with undifferentiated diagnosis around minor illness and minor injury. This will also include an element of telephone triage.
- To provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment and/or appropriate referral for minor illness and minor injury.
- To work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing services in and out of hours.
Main duties of the job
- To support the Lead Practitioner in developing, monitoring and providing an evidence based, high quality service.
- Provides assessment, treatment and ensures follow up of patients with undifferentiated diagnosis and make appropriate referrals to other service providers as necessary.
- Delivers a range of services in a 'one-stop-shop' setting, e.g., assessment, investigations and treatment as necessary.
- Ensure safe prescribing and administration of drugs in accordance with current NMC guidelines and Trust Policies.
Based in the North East of England we provide a range of hospital and community health services from our leading facilities, including the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Blaydon urgent care centre and Bensham Hospital, all within Gateshead.
Established in 2005, we were one of the first foundation trusts in the country and since then have consistently achieved the highest levels of care for patients.
We now employ around 4,800 staff and currently provide 444 hospital beds across the Gateshead region.
Our values should be the 'golden thread' which runs through everything we do - they are the core of who we are. Our five values can easily be remembered by the simple acronymICORE Innovation, Care, Openness, Respect, Engagement.
We have a number of staff networks including the BAME network, D-Ability network, LGBTQ+ Network and the Women's Network, to challenge us and help us to constantly improve. Our armed forces network is one of our emerging networks.
The health and wellbeing of our staff is one of our highest priorities, and we offer a range of support and initiatives as part of our 'Balance' programme balancegateshead.com to cater for our diverse workforce, so that your individual needs can be supported, allowing you a happy and healthy working experience with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful applicant will need recent, extensive and demonstrable clinical expertise in assessing and treating patients with a range of medical conditions. Close attention should also be given to the essential and desirable qualifications of this role.
The post holder will carry a clinical caseload which will be varied and busy, so should be able to work under pressure and manage time and resources effectively. It is therefore essential that the post holder has previous experience of day to day clinical leadership and team operational management duties.
You will be a member of the Urgent Care Service, and committed to personal and team development and expected to carry out clinical education, appraisal, supervision and performance reviews in order to develop all staff and students within the team. Substantial experience of supervision and appraisal of a team is essential, as well as being a certificated mentor for student nurses.
The post holder must be able to demonstrate the ability to take on new challenges and will be involved in the continuous shaping and development of the team and the overall Urgent Care Service to meet any changes in service delivery and to ensure a high quality of care to all patients. Previous involvement in service improvement and audit is therefore required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered nurse or equivalent relevant qualification for allied
- Degree in nursing or equivalent for allied health professional
- Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Clinical Skills course and competency
- Paediatric Clinical Skills - attained or working towards
Essential and DesirableEssential
- MSc in Advanced Practice
- Previous experience of working as a nurse practitioner or working in an acute setting
- Teaching qualification
- Registered Nurse or equivalent relevant qualification for Allied health Professional
- Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Mentorship/Teaching qualification
- Clinical Skills course and competencies
- Non-medical prescribing qualification
- Paediatric Clinical skills attained or working towards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- MSc in Advanced Practice
- Immediate and Paediatric Immediate Life Support
- Previous experience of working as a nurse practitioner or working in acute settings
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Urgent Treatment Centre
Queen Elizabeth Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.