This is an exciting opportunity to join the Finance Business Planning Team and help develop the departments reporting. This role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a demonstrative skill in taking large quantities of data, analyzing and presenting it to Finance and Non Finance Managers to support and inform strategic decision making. This is an outward facing role from Finance into the rest of the Trust.
Through this vital interaction, there will be increased engagement with the Clinical Community to identify and optimize the efficiencies and productivity opportunities to support a programme of service improvement and other Trust strategic planningMain duties of the job
- This is a high profile, outward focusing role within the Finance team to present financial and non-financial data to the Trust Clinical Specialties. Using current data from the Costings and the BI systems to design and create reports and facilitate discussions with Trust Managers and Directors that will support strategic decision making.
- The role will be responsible for developing the strategic direction of costing and productivity reporting and embedding it into the RUH.
- The post holder will be the Trusts' expert on Patient Level Information and Costing (PLICS), model hospital, benchmarking and other costing and productivity data. This post will require extensive liaison with divisional finance managers, medical, clinical, Business Intelligent Unit and other staff in the divisions to refine the data assumptions and to support clinical strategy.
- Provide Trust lead on annual reference cost returns and responsible for submission inline with the latest timetable and requirements.
- The post holder will oversee the costings and benchmarking support for the production of the annual and strategic financial plans in line with NHS Improvement deadlines.
- Support the Service Improvement Board with the accurate and timely reporting - recommending appropriate metrics, tracking progress against objectives and indicating where workstreams are coming off track.
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Public Sector and Large Organisation
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.