The post holder will work in the Enfield mental health single point of access. Be an active member of the multi disciplinary team, supervise, teach, and instruct junior workers in assessing and planning patient care.
Working autonomously, the post holder will be required to participate in receiving and screening referrals to the service, carrying out assessments and signposting to the appropriate services, either in the Trust, or externally as appropriate and providing advice and feedback to referrers
The post holder will adhere to Trust policies, data protection and Health and Safety.Main duties of the job
- To participate as an effective member of the MDT and be responsible for the development and implementation of a patient centred approach to care: assessing referrals, developing the care needs of patients and their carers
- Use specialist assessment skills and techniques to undertake high qualityassessment, including referrals, which may include stressful circumstances and facilitate referral on to appropriate treatment in discussion with Team manager and senior clinicians.
- To ensure that statutory and legal requirements of care are incorporated safely within each patient's programme of care.
- To observe the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 ensuring the patient is fully informed of their legal position and their rights under the Act.
- To interpret the significance of clinical observations, act upon them andcommunicate information to other multi-disciplinary team members after making the necessary clinical judgements, in line with clinical protocols applying relevant practical experience based on theoretical knowledge
- To determine nursing priorities and plan patient care, where patientpresentations may be complex, including full risk assessment, inform the team manager when changes in circumstances may affect standards of care.
- To meet the physical, psychological, social and cultural needs of the individual and their family, using research-based knowledge and skills to maintain the individual's identity.
BEHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care.BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which is the lead provider of forensic mental health services that managed the devolved New Models of care budget, it delivers MH care across some of the prisons, and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol services.
We are an organisation that is passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion one that prides itself in developing the leadership capabilities of its employees, looking after their health and wellbeing, creating safe spaces for staff to speak up and providing opportunities to mentor and be mentored.Our employees are the reason for delivering Good CQC ratings, excellent outcomes and outstanding patient experiences, so it is our aim to create a happy and healthy working environment where youcan thrive and succeed.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification by clicking on the JD/PS attachment in the advertPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Minimum of 18 months post qualification experience.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTESEssential
- Detailed knowledge of the Mental Health Act to be able to advise other staff in particular cases as required.
- Experience of developing and delivering teaching and practice development sessions for the team.
- Demonstrable effective clinical assessment skills Ability to work under pressure while remaining calm and maintaining quAbility to show leadership and effective co-ordination in the absence of the Triage manager and Team Leaders.
- Ability to facilitate effective teamwork. Ability to act as an advocate as and when necessary
- Minimum of 18 months post qualification experience. Experience of working within a specialist area of mental health nursing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of writing reports and acting as an advocate for service users.
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Crown Lane Clinic
25 Crown Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.