Consett Community Mental Health Team are looking for a Band 6 Mental health practitioner to come and join our innovative and newly built community intervention team.
If you are a qualified RMN / RNLD / Social Worker or OT, this could be the job for you. If you are looking to progress or move to a new team for a new challenge, please apply!Main duties of the job
- The assessment and delivery of evidenced based interventions and treatment for adults who have a mental health problem.
- Recovery focused evidence based intervention
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with excellent support from senior members and leadership.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Meet the health and social care needs of patients within the team.
- Work closely with patients, carers and families to co-produce care.
In return you will have access to fantastic training & development opportunities. Post-grad qualifications can be supported throughout your career pathway in mental health practice, as well as clinical skills or leadership & management skills, that can lead onto more senior roles within the organisation.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. A lease car scheme is in operation as well as other NHS staff benefits.About us
Consett is a newly established community mental health intervention team, we promote flexible working and support our team members to lead a positive work life balance.
We promote training and development and advocate progression within the team, to upskill and enhance the service we offer to our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Mentoring or facilitating students on practice placement.
- Leadership or management experience
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community environment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Shotley Bridge Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.