We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who has a passion for people development to join our small, friendly and progressive team whose purpose it is to deliver training and development opportunities to the variety services within the Estates and Facilities Directorate (EFM) at Southmead Hospital.
The role will suit a person who is passionate about training and development with a can-do attitude who is able to motivate, engage and inspire others. The person will also be self-motivated, able to prioritise their own work and the work of others, working to deadlines, and is able to research and innovate.Main duties of the jobMain duties of the role include: -
- Assisting the EFM Training and Development Manager over the whole range of their duties including the day to day running of the department, strategic planning, administration, leading the team, stakeholder management and divisional representation across the Trust.
- The design, delivery and implementation of training interventions and programmes across the EFM departments.
- Identifying the learning needs of individuals and groups across the Directorate and building provisions for identified needs.
- Providing performance statistics across the Directorate.
- Engaging and working with stakeholders across the Trust to establish and implement Learning and Development of plans in conjunction with the EFM Training & Development Manager
- Providing training sessions on specific subjects/topics if required.
- Managing the work and staff of the EFM Training & Development Dept on a day-to-day basis.
- Providing comprehensive training notes and plans for newly developed programmes.
- The review and update of current training offerings across the Directorate.
- Working Monday to Friday but on occasions evenings and weekends may be required.
- To understand the role in more details please refer to the job description and person specification documents attached to the advertisement.
1. To regularly walk and stand for a substantial proportion of working time.2. To be able to stretch and bend, particularly when demonstrating training techniques and equipment. 3. Manual handling such as moving tables and demonstrating equipment.4. When training the post holder is required to maintain concentration on the subject at the same time as responding actively to interventions and monitoring reactions of group members.
1. The post holder will be working in a busy environment and will be expected to support training and development of a regular throughput of staff learners.2. To be flexible in relation to hours of work, with notice to meet the needs of the service.
3. Report writing.4. Requirement to maintain concentration on the subject at the same time as responding actively to interventions and monitoring reactions of group members.
Emotional effort1. Occasional direct exposure to upset staff, e.g. distress due to failure of training Assessment.
1. On occasions, as part of the monitoring of training services, it may involve visits to ward and departmental level. 2. To work as part of a skilled and efficient team that provides a caring and professional service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. To support development, planning, delivery and evaluation of training programmes to develop staff skills, knowledge and attitudes, as directed by theDirectorate/Trust2. To contribute to the Learning and Development strategy under the supervision of the Facilities Training and Development Manager3. To oversee and provide classroom and practical training in workplace skills andassociated duties4. To liaise with colleagues and stakeholders to optimise opportunities for learning in the workplace and to encourage and support multi-disciplinary training5. To establish and maintain good working relationships across NBT and provide timely feedback to line managers, as required6. To support developmental activities and deliver effective training to groups of staff of varying numbers and abilities, which will include mandatory and bespoke sessions7. To support identification of training needs and contribute to the development of programmes in response to this8. Evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes9. To provide information and advice in relation to training related queries10. To be responsible for record keeping of the department and ensure that all records are stored following the established processes. This includes ensuring own and staff trainers records and documentation is up to date and accurate at all times11. To ensure Trust resources are used appropriately and maintained at all times and reporting faults and malfunctions of equipment as they occur12. To ensure that all users of the training rooms and equipment comply with all appropriate legal and statutory requirements and to act on any hazards or unsafe practices13. Keeping up to date with national and local NHS and Directorate priorities and be aware of policies, procedures and guidelines in training and Estates and Facilities. Liasing with subject matter experts to develop and update training e.g. changes to National Cleaning Standards14. Act appropriately and professionally with any sensitive information, seeking clarity wherever necessary15. Highlight and report any unsafe practice observed16. Assist in other aspects of the training department as and when required17. To line manage the Staff Trainers on a day to day basis18. Act within limits of own competence, ensuring actions support care, protection and wellbeing of others. Reporting any concerns to the Facilities Training and Development Manager that may be outside of own level of competencePerson SpecificationEducation/Training/QualificationsEssential
- To hold a recognised training qualification - such as the Level 3 Education and Training Certificate, or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development within area of occupational competence
- Qualification in Leadership and Management
- Relevant degree (e.g., PGCE, Cer Ed)
- Experience of line managing staff
- Evidence of recent teaching, training and/or facilitation experience
Personal Qualities/Special CircumstancesEssential
- Experience of widening participation to underrepresented groups
- Experience to work independently as well as being an effective line manager and contributor, managing staff and resources effectively.
- Flexibility in relation to hours of work as on occasions this may include unsocial hours such as occasional evening or weekend work with notice.
- Adaptability in dealing with delays and unforeseen circumstances - being prepared for the unexpected.
- Ability to plan training programmes, using a variety of techniques including developing materials, lesson plans, schemes of work and evaluation measures.
- Ability to research and evaluate different types of information from a variety of sources and present information in a straightforward and logical way.
- Confidence in using Windows based IT systems: O365, Teams, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and digital learning tools
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of/or ability to gain knowledge of NHS standards of cleanliness, infection control and food safety
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.