United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT) is seeking a highly motivated Fire Safety Advisor who will be based in the Estates Department at Lincoln County Hospital. The post holder will be required to play a proactive part within the Fire and Security Team to meet Trust objectives in a safe, cost effective, efficient manner in compliance with legislation and good practice.
There is no better time to join the team at ULHT, we are developing our Fire and Security team in order to support the Trust on its continuous development plan, our aims and ambitions are set high and we want you to be part of the developing journey with us. Have you got the ambition to make your hospital a better place for the community? Have you got the passion about fire safety? Are you wanting to make a positive difference to our patients in our hospitals, if this sounds like a challenge you are looking for then apply today.
We offer job security, stability, development, a strong team focused environment where you will feel a sense of belonging. Although, better than all of that, is the chance to really give something back to the NHS with the skills, knowledge, experience and attributes you have to help us achieve outstanding care personally delivered.Main duties of the job
The Post Holder is responsible for the development of Trust Policy and Protocols on Fire Safety. Interpreting the requirements of Legislation, NHS HTM, HBN and Guidance .
Monitor the Trusts compliance with Legislation, Policy and Guidance.
The post holder will provide Fire Safety advice and support, including training to all levels of the organisation (including the Trust Board) to all of the Trusts staff of approximately 7,000 and the acute and satellite sites across Lincolnshire comprising of over 169,000m2 of building.
Carry out Risk Assessments in accordance with HTM05-01, and working with Fire and Security Manager highlight the key risk areas for the Trust and develop plans to minimise risk.
Develop comprehensive training programmes on Fire Safety for all existing staff, new staff and staff who work with other organisations located in Trust owned and occupied Premises.
Liaison with External agencies including Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue and the Health and Safety ExecutiveAbout us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (22/23) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details regarding the job role please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent or Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Qualified Training Instructor
- Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO)
- Extensive experience as a Fire Officer in a Fire and Rescue Service
- Experience providing Fire Safety Advice to medium/large organisation
- Experience working as a fire safety advisor in healthcare environment
- Fire Safety Management
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Fire Safety Training
- Detailed knowledge of Fire Code
- Understanding of Fire modelling techniques.
- EDCL for IT or Equivalent
- Ability to work on Computer Aided Design IT Packages
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to devise and deliver training programmes
- Effective report writing
- Accredited skills to develop risk assessments
- Auditing Skills to undertake complex and detailed incident investigations
- Ability to work at all levels of the organisation
- Good IT skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to take responsibility Ability to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Work as part of a team
- Willingness to participate in continued professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oMust be able to access all of the Trust premises and meet the travel requirements of the post
- oMust be able to work flexibly
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Lincoln County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.