An exciting opportunity has arisen to welcome applications for Registered Nurse (RN Mental Health) posts in our Older Persons Mental Health Directorate in SBUHB. Successful candidates will be offered opportunity in Tonna Hospital. We look forward to receiving your application
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post.
We are looking to recruit Nurses that can demonstrate our values and welcome applications from people who share Our Values: caring for each other, working together and always improving.
If you think you can demonstrate our values, and match our success profile:
Show empathy and compassion towards others - a natural disposition to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Sees and treats others as individuals (patient, families, colleagues) and treats people with dignity and respect.
Show resilience, adaptability and flexible approach as situations arise and positivity when times are tough.
Show respect for others' views and appreciate others' inputs and encourage colleagues to display our values.
Motivated to use initiative to recognise problems and seek solutions whilst understanding the importance of empowering and enabling others (patients, families, colleagues).
Friendly and helpful disposition, awareness of how our own and others' behaviours impact on people's experiences and the organisation's reputation.
Willing to seek out learning, give and accept constructive feedback and committed to continuous improvement.Main duties of the jobManagement
1. To provide supervision and instruction to unqualified and junior members of nursing staff
2. To maintain secure methods of record keeping and support communication between nursing, clinical staff, pertinent agencies and family/carers involved with the patient's care and treatment
3. To record accidents, incidents and complaints, reporting findings to the Ward Hospital Manager Clinical
1. To develop in collaboration with the patient and, where appropriate, the carer or advocate, individualised programmes of care and care and Treatment plans (CTPs)
2. To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of care provision
3. To demonstrate an awareness and ensure compliance with all Swansea Bay Health Board and Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Delivery Unit policies and procedures
4. To actively participate in clinical reviews, case conferences and multidisciplinary team meetings
5. To liaise with patients, relatives, carers or advocates offering support, advice and information as appropriate
6. To supervise and participate in the training of other staff. 10. To act as Mentor to pre-registration student nurses
7. To act as Mentor to newly qualified nurses.
8. To commence discharge planning on admission co-ordinate through to the safe discharge of patients from hospital, as per HB Discharge Policy.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationDriverEssential
- Ability to travel in a timely manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good knowledge of Risk Management
- Qualification - BN 1st Class degree
- Demonstrates HB Values
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Suite Two, Tonna hospital
Tonna Uchaf, Tonna
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.