We are looking for a motivated, forward thinking and passionate technician to lead and progress our medicines management service at Frimley Park Hospital. Our enthusiastic medicines management technician team play a crucial role both on the wards and in the dispensary and there are many exciting opportunities for the postholder to develop this service further.Main duties of the job
To provide leadership to the medicines management technicians (MMTs) at Frimley Park Hospital in the promotion and development of ward-based pharmacy technician services.
To assist the pharmacists in ensuring that the patients' pharmaceutical care needs are met at ward level. This includes non-stock supply, re-use of patients' own drugs, discharge planning, patient counselling and provision of compliance aids.
To lead and manage the medicines management technicians at Frimley Park Hospital and work in conjunction with the lead MMT at Wexham Park Hospital to develop the service.About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To manage the medicines management technician team to provide an efficient, accurate and flexible service to the hospital wards and departments.
To act as an MMT trainer for all staff groups as required.
To plan and manage the allocation of staff and resources to ensure all aspects of the medicines management service can be provided safely and effectively.
To develop the service and roles of the medicines management technicians in conjunction with the clinical pharmacy team.
To develop and update medicines management standard operating procedures, policies and standards for ward pharmacy technicians, ensuring these are communicated and understood by the staff following them.
To accurately label and dispense prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients and outside units according to departmental procedures to provide a safe, accurate and timely service.
To accurately label and dispense prescriptions for inpatients, outpatients and outside units according to departmental procedures to provide a safe, accurate and timely service.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Accredited checking technician qualification
- Medicines management qualification
- Is a qualified educational Supervisor for the medicines management technician qualification
- Significant experience of medicines reconciliation
- Ability to deal with clinical issues
- Experience of assessing performance against standards and completing relevant documentation
- Practice in one or more relevant areas
- Experience of managing staff, including recruitment, appraisal and staff development.
- Previous acute care experience
- In depth experience post qualification in section of Pharmacy with direct patient contact
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Self-motivated and an ability to motivate others.
- Ability to function calmly and efficiently when under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and approachable.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good knowledge of the extended role of the technician.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.