We pride ourselves on giving excellent quality care to our patients, and ensuring their experience is a good one. says Jo Burns, matron for Elderly Care.
Our teams are expanding and we are welcoming applications from newly qualified and experienced Nurses to our elderly care teams:
- Acute Frailty Unit - We are an 18 bedded unit. Our frail patients receive rapid assessment from our specialist geriatrician consultants and Supportive Discharge Service. We ensure patients are assessed quickly, treated and discharged home safely at the earliest opportunity or transferred to a longer stay frailty ward within the hospital.
- Byland Ward and Jervaulx Ward are both 30 bedded acute frailty wards. We specialise in nursing frail and elderly patients with complex medical and care needs. We have an expert multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, therapists and doctors working alongside a wide support team who provide patients with the care they need.
Our Registered Nurses say:
The fantastic support that I received from my colleagues in the Acute Frailty Unit, my ward manager and matron has allowed me to flourish and reach my true potential as a nurse.
'A FU is a lovely environment to work in. It can get very busy but the staff all work together as a team and are attentive and supportive
If this sounds like the kind of team you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you - Please contact Jo Burns to arrange a visit or ask a question firstname.lastname@example.org
.Main duties of the jobByland, Jervaulx and the Acute Frailty Unit are led by experienced Ward Managers Tamara, Biju and Sarah, a team of dedicated Band 6 Sisters, and a supportive Matron, Jo. As a Trust we offer our Registered Nurses:
- 4 weeks supernumerary for experienced Nurses and 8 weeks for newly qualified Nurses
- Highly-recommended Preceptorship Programme with protected time away from the ward
- First year of NMC fees paid
- Access to clinical skills training in our Clinical Skills Lab and personal development courses
- First Line Leadership programme to help develop your leadership skills
- Band 6 and 7 development posts
- Support and guidance with revalidation
To keep up to date with all of our latest Recruitment activity here at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust follow us on Facebook: Team HDFT jobs Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and Twitter: @HDFT_Careers.
If you require an OSCE to gain NMC registration please state whether you have passed your English Language and CBT. These are essential requirements for the role. Please note that at this time HDFT is not recruiting from countries on the World Health Organisation Workforce Support and Safeguard List, 2020. For further information visit theUK Visas and Immigration website.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Elderly care sister Sheena came to Harrogate to complete her nurse training, and has worked for the Trust ever since. I wouldnt want to do anything else, she says. The team is well rounded and supports each other in our day-to-day working life.
Harrogate District Hospital is set in the beautiful spa town of Harrogate and within reach of the Yorkshire Dales with just under 400 beds we provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere with a real sense of community amongst the staff. We aim to reflect our values in everything we do, kindness, integrity, teamwork and equality.
Jo , our Elderly care matron, has been with Trust since qualifying 16 years ago. Jo says she is really happy with how her career has progressed and still thoroughly enjoys working at HDFT.
If youre looking for a Trust who will support you to achieve your career goals, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust could be just the place for you.
1) To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and to provide nursing care for patients. This requires detailed knowledge of equipment and specialised information on procedures undertaken in the clinical environment.
2) In consultation with senior staff, the post holder will help plan, co-ordinate, implement, and evaluate care for patients.
3) Maintain standards in accordance with ward /Trust policies and procedures and NMC code of conduct
4) Maintain a safe working environment, being aware of the necessity to comply with Health & Safety regulations and the Environmental Health Act, and to attend mandatory training courses.
5) Maintain safe custody of all drugs and medicines and when trained demonstrate the manipulation, dexterity and co-ordination of IV drugs.
6) To work unsupervised at times, using ward Protocols and Policies.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Nurse with current NMC registration or working towards Registration
- oDiploma/Degree in Nursing or related field
- oPre registration clinical experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oWorking with elderly and/or patients with mental health requirements
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.
421-LTUC-4110E - H