Are you committed to improving the health and well-being of people with learning disabilities? Are you a registered nurse? If so, Essex LD Partnership are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic nurse to welcome into their Enhanced Support Service at Lexden Hospital, Colchester.
The Enhanced Service provides intensive support to adults with learning disabilities who present with challenging behaviour and / or mental health problems in the community to prevent where possible hospital admission. The team acts as a gateway to the inpatient assessment and treatment service and works in close liaison with inpatient services to facilitate appropriate admission and timely discharge from services. The successful candidate will receive up to �120 towards their registration fee, which will be paid upon commencement. This payment will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.Main duties of the job
As our new Enhanced Support Nurse Practitioner, you will be welcomed into a safe and supportive staff team, who empower and encourage one another in being the best version of ourselves for the benefit of those we care for. One of our current Charge Nurses says that I feel very proud to work in such a compassionate team who truly care for the individuals we provide care to.
This post is ideal for someone who is passionate about delivering safe and effective care through working in partnership with service-users and carers. You will be involved in all aspects of service-user care, and work directly with people who use our services, their carers, colleagues and other service providers.
Find out more about working at the A& T unit at Lexden here: https://www.hpft.nhs.uk/services/learning-disability-services/essex-learning-disability-partnership/About us
Essex Learning Disability Partnership is an innovative collaboration between Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust and Essex Partnership University Trust. The partnership was formed in 2017 and is responsible for all NHS Learning Disability community and inpatient services across Essex. The two organisations bring diverse expertise and experience to transform Learning Disability services in Essex by working creatively to remove barriers and deliver excellent care. Not only will you be working in an innovative and exciting organisation, but you will also be able to enjoy an extensive range of staff benefits including:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 27 days annual leave on entry to NHS
- One of the best pension schemes in the UK
- Flexible working options
- Car leasing scheme
- Childcare discounts
- Wellbeing events and activities
- A 24-hour staff support helpline
In your new role you will:
- Working as a practitioner with a special interest in challenging behaviour and mental health wellbeing for people with learning disabilities.
- Assessing the health care needs of people with Learning Disabilities in a range of environments and implementing interventions as required.
- Working in an interdisciplinary way to assess service users needs, devising care plans and evaluating outcomes.
For more detailed information on the position, please access the Job Description and Person Specification documents provided.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Relevant Professional Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) (
- Demonstrable commitment to ongoing training and development
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Mentorship Training
- Management Training
- Teaching or training experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of common physical, mental and emotional health needs experienced by people with a learning disability
- Experiencing of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care according to assessed need using person-centred approaches
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities or complex health needs
- Experience of using assessment and screening tools to support analysis and make formulations and recommendations based on this
- Working knowledge of legislation and policy relating to learning disabilities
- Experience of maintaining high standards of recordkeeping consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.