Interested in a career in CAMHS? We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse to work and train to become a Band 6 Nurse in Child and Adolescent Mental Health through our innovative and comprehensive training programme which includes formal teaching, experiential learning and supervision.
The successful applicant will join the West London CAMHS Eating Disorder Service is based at in Ealing CAMHS, 1 Armstrong Way, Southall UB2 4SA.
The West London CAMHS Eating Disorder Service is a well-established and expanding multi-disciplinary service which offers a range of evidence based clinical treatments to young people with eating disorders across the Boroughs of Ealing, Hounslow and Hammersmith and Fulham. The Service also links to a comprehensive Tier 2 and Tier 3 CAMH Service and a CAMHS Crisis Prevention/Care Team (ALLIANCE). The post holder will be part of a growing team of clinicians with a special interest and expertise in working with children, and young people, who are presenting with eating disorders.
The successful applicant will also join a thriving team of supportive, committed and skilled nurses who are dedicated to changing the future outcomes for children and young people who present to mental health services.Main duties of the job
The CAMH Nurse will commit to participating in the CAMHS Development Programme, whilst also working within the Eating Disorder Service. For more information on the CAMHS Development Programme please see the Candidate Information Pack.
The CAMH Nurse will work within the intensive treatment community pathway. This is an exciting new development within the team to support young people to remain in the community or to provide consistent support on paediatric wards to support discharge. This role will provide outreach into the young person's home to and local wards to provide meal and more generalised therapeutic support.
The Band 5 CAMH Nurse work within the Eating Disorder Service under the supervision of the Clinical Nurse Specialist. With appropriate supervision and support they will join the multidisciplinary team in the delivery of clinical assessment and provision of therapy to young people (0-18) and their families and/or carers within the Eating Disorder Service. The role will include providing outreach work to patients who may find it hard to attend clinics and in-reach work into Tier 4 Services.
As a Band 5 CAMH Nurse you will have the opportunity to contribute to service development, audit, research and quality improvement projects and you will also act as a Supervisor for student nurses on specialist placement in CAMHS.About us
The West London CAMHS Eating Disorder multi-disciplinary team is strongly aligned with the core values of the Trust togetherness, responsibility, excellence, and caring. The team is committed to providing services that are accessible to everyone, and it prides itself on its creative and innovative ways of delivering high quality evidence based care for children, young people and families referred to the service.
West London CAMHS is committed to supporting the development and progression of its staff. In addition to receiving regular supervision, all staff have access to training and development opportunities in line with their agreed development needs. Staff are also encouraged to be involved in quality improvement projects, audit and research, as well as to take a lead for areas of special interest, such as safeguarding, transitions, SEND.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Mental Health Nurse who has a desire to acquire post registration training and experience CAMHS and is willing to commit to undertaking the undertake the CAMHS Development Programme which supports development from Band 5 to Band 6.
Please see the Job Description and Personal Specification for more informationPerson SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Degree/diploma in Nursing
- Professional registration with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) RMN.
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Evidence of post basic training in relevant subject to area of work
Administration and Record KeepingEssential
- Working with children in a health/education or other setting
- Clinical case work and managing own work with limited supervision
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work
Attitude, Aptitude and Personal CharacteristicsEssential
- Competent in the use of clinical recording systems such as RIO, JADE and COMMIT
- Understands the process for keeping safe, secure and relevant clinical records
- Understands and is able to use online incident reporting systems.
- Able to use email to support effective communication in line with Trust policy
- Able to use Microsoft PowerPoint and other communication methods
Knowledge / SkillsEssential
- Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills
- Treats service users with respect and dignity at all times
- Enthusiastic, flexible and confident approach to working
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Honesty, enthusiasm and a sense of loyalty
- Conducts self in a professional, courteous manner at all times and able to maintain professionalism
- oEvidence of on-going professional development
- oExcellent communication skills
- oA thorough understanding of the mental health needs of young people
- oAbility to relate well to young people
- oKnowledge of relevant legislation guidance and good practice
- oKnowledge and understanding of Child development
- oAn understanding of local and national issues relating to children's development and mental health
- oAwareness of the dynamics of multi-disciplinary and multi- agency team working
- oAwareness of the value of service user involvement and participation in all aspects of care and in the planning and the development of services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and understanding of attachment theory and the impacts of attachment and loss for children and young people
- Understanding of family dynamics
West London NHS TrustAddress
Eating Disorder - CAMHS and Developmental Services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.