This is a new exciting post for Maternity to support the provision of the highest quality maternity care by the safe coordination of resources and midwifery clinical leadership on a shift to shift basis. We are looking for experienced midwives to undertake the role and will accept part time to full time ( no less than 23 hours a week). Shifts will be over 12 hours and will be days/weekends/nights.
They will work within a team of Band 7 Midwives with extensive clinical experience. The team will provide 24/7 midwifery clinical leadership and coordination. There will be one Clinical Coordinator on each shift. They will be instrumental in providingtimely and effective response in providing clinical support, coordination and leadership for the maternity unit on a shift to shift basis. You will be required to cover long days (7am - 7:30pm) across Monday-Sunday with the occasional night shift.Main duties of the job
- On a shift basis be responsible for coordinating the maternity unit, being responsible for the safe allocation of midwifery resources, ensuring safety and appropriate skill mix.
- Lead people to ensure the effective coordination of the maternity unit and resources are allocated to ensure safety on a shift to shift basis.
- To be a professional role model for others, demonstrating competent and accountable clinical practice,
- To be a clinical expert and resource within midwifery, to promote an environment where safety for the mother/woman and baby is paramount. This will include all clinical areas, Maternity Assessment Unit, Triage, Intrapartum, Induction of labour, Antenatal services, Antenatal and Postnatal Care. Be able to support via telephone communication to the home birth service in absence of community coordinator. Be able to clinically support in each area within hospital maternity services
- Carry the bleep receiving maternity emergency calls and respond. Be clinically up to date in all emergencies within maternity.
- Demonstrate specialist expertise and professional knowledge acquired through post registration academic, clinical, leadership and management development. Works as a role model for professional practice and understands the impact of poor performance
The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust cares for over 6000 women and families a year. We offer three places of choice of birth for women in a low risk midwifery led unit, delivery suite or at home supported by our dedicated home birth team of midwives.
As well as the home birth team, we have one other continuity of care team that provides care for women in an area of known deprivation.
Our unit has received national recognition for our Rainbow care and Seeking Sanctuary project, which is a multi agency project providing support for women and families who are seeking refuge.
We have many opportunities for development for all our team and have strong links with Reading University.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Attached is the full job description and personal specification. This is a new role for our maternity unit and moves away from a traditional maternity coordinator. The post holder will be very clinically involved and will provide clinical knowledge and expertise.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered midwife
- NMC registration
- Degree in relevant subject or working towards
- Mentorship qualification
- Masters qualification in relevant subject or working towards
- Must have recent Band 7 Midwifery experience for past two years
- Evidence of leadership training/qualification
- Worked in a number of maternity clinical departments
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of caring for HDU women
- Experience of history taking and triage
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.