An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Older Persons Mental Health Team serving the Bridgend area within Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. The post holder will join two other consultant colleagues providing a service to the local population. The community teams are based in 71 Quarella Road and inpatient provision is provided from Angelton Clinic on the Glanrhyd Hospital site. The hospital and Care Home In-reach Team is based in the Princess of Wales Hospital.
The existing clinical teams within Bridgend are well established and there is a very supportive peer group across the Health Board. The services are committed to providing excellent patient care in an environment which also supports the development and wellbeing of all team members. Education and training is prioritised, including inter professional education and team reflection. Quality improvement work, research and teaching are encouraged and supported.
Our Older Peoples Services in Bridgend have a longstanding reputation for providing high quality and innovative services. We work closely with our Local Authority and Third Sector Partners to deliver care in a holistic way.Main duties of the job
- Responsible for inpatient admissions from their catchment area into the locality's Older Peoples Acute Assessment facility, Angelton Clinic on the Glanrhyd Hospital site. Angelton Clinic has 2 wards currently operational with a total of 32 beds.
- Responsible for the application of the Mental Health Act when applied by the post holder to their patients.
- Work collaboratively with the Older Peoples Hospital Liaison and Care Home In-reach team based within the Princess of Wales Hospital.
- Supervision and development of team members as appropriate.
- Leadership of the multidisciplinary team taking responsibility for the development of joint working.
- Provide leadership in the management of complex cases providing specialist advice to colleagues where appropriate.
- Assessment, diagnosis and formulation of management plans for patients.
- Maximising opportunities to help patients remain in the community providing health and support as required.
- Ensure the effective operation of primary care assessment and diagnostic services for older people with mental health problems.
English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply
Interview date: 6th September 2023About us
Our Values and Behaviours were introduced in September 2020 after multiple staff engagement sessions. Our values were created by our employees for our employees and are at the heart of everything we do. They're reflected in our thinking, our actions and our culture which is why we aim to base our recruitment around them.
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
By working more closely together, having the right skills approaches and attitudes that help to encourage the right behaviours, together we can all contribute not only to a better work place and safer care, but also to a healthier community.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents
- Full GMC Registration
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- On Specialist Register for Old Age Psychiatry or be within six months of the anticipated CCT/CESR date
- S.12(2) approval or be in a position to achieve that
- Approved Clinician approval or be in the position to achieve that
- Relevant equivalent clinical qualification
- Welsh Approved Clinician approval
- Higher training experience in general adult psychiatry
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of acting as Responsible Clinician
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.