The Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Care Group, within Midlands Partnership University Foundation Trust, delivers all age mental health services from inpatients at The Redwoods Centre in Shrewsbury, adult and children's 24/7 crisis and home treatment services, mental health liaison services in Royal Shrewsbury and Princess Royal Hospitals, adult and children's community mental health services from the community hubs in Shrewsbury and Telford to bases in Oswestry, Market Drayton, Ludlow and Bridgnorth which serve the rural populations surrounding these market towns. NHS Talking Therapies are also provided.
We work as part of the Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin ICS with a lead role for the mental health, learning disabilities and autism programme.
As the Head of Nursing, you would ensure the highest possible professional standards of nursing clinical care across the Care Group's all age services in both inpatient and community settings and provide advice on all nursing clinical matters to the Nursing Directorate and Care Group Senior Team. You will work with the other care group professional leads to enable each professional to feel valued, be supported to meet their potential and to work in a multi-disciplinary way.
Please refer to the Job Description main responsibilities and Person Specification to ensure you have the relevant skills for the post.Main duties of the job
- You will improve nursing practice and associated professional and practice standards, working closely in nursing, clinical education quality and service improvement projects
- You will provide advice and expertise to ensure quality, safety and clinical performance are embedded in clinical teams in relation to nursing and develop and implement Care Group wide nursing training needs analysis and workforce planning
- You will be a skilled and credible nurse leader, experienced and passionate about mental health nursing, with excellent influencing, communication and relationship skills
- This post will ensure the highest possible professional standards of nursing clinical care across the Care Group's all-age services in both inpatient and community settings and provide advice on all nursing clinical matters to the Nursing Directorate and Care Group Senior Team.
- Improving nursing practice and associated professional and practice standards, working closely in nursing, clinical education quality and service improvement projects.
- Providing advice and expertise to ensure quality, safety and clinical performance are embedded in clinical teams in relation to nursing and associated professional and practice standards.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJOB PURPOSE:
The Head of Nursing (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Care Group) will be responsible for the development, provision and coordination of professional leadership and advice across the Care Group and a range of integrated clinical networks within their specific profession. The Head of Nursing (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Care Group) will be the representative for their profession and will act as the public face and ambassador for that profession for the Care Group. They will professionally lead within their field, ensuring the provision of a high quality, innovative, evidence based practice, which includes professional advice to staff, service managers, and the Trust and partner organisations.
This post will ensure the highest possible standards of nursing clinical care across the Care Group and provide advice on all nursing clinical matters across the organisation. They will support and influence governance, service delivery and quality improvements, clinical education and training, and workforce development in particular play a key role in the Joint Impact Assessment process for the Trust Cost Improvement Schemes by providing professional nursing advice Managing Director Head of Operations and the Clinical and Care Director. The Head of Nursing role will work closely with the Associate Chief Nurse (Mental Health) implementing the Trust Nursing Strategy and other Care Group related priorities relating to nursing as a profession.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MSc or evidence of working at this level in nursing related subject
- Current NMC professional registration as an RMN
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven experience in an NHS, social care or equivalent environment
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Redwoods Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.