The NE and N Cumbria AAA Screening Service (NENCAAAS) is offering an exciting opportunity for a motivated, sensitive and enthusiastic registered nurse with an interest in vascular services to join the well-established screening team. The service covers a wide geographical area from the Scottish Borders to N Yorkshire and the Lake District, delivering screening clinics for men.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, capacity to remain calm under pressure, capabilities to prioritise workload and have a long-term commitment to assisting in the delivery of AAA screening. The post holder will be based at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with a requirement to attend all screening sites within the catchment area.
The AAA Nurse Practitioner plays a vital role within the service. The post offers the successful candidate the opportunity to acquire and combine clinical and management skills. You will be responsible for the provision of health assessment and lifestyle advice to men who screen positive for abdominal aortic aneurysm and assisting with the daily operational management of the screening team.
This is offered on a Part time basis (30 hours pw). The post holder must be able to demonstrate full flexibility within the core hours of the service: Monday-Friday 8.00am-8.00pm and occasional Saturdays.Main duties of the job
- To promote and deliver patient centred care aligned with the Trust vision and Nursing and Midwifery strategy.
- To take a lead role in the absence of the Programme Lead.
- To deliver all aspects of care and may be required to demonstrate procedures and supervise qualified and/or unqualified staff.
- Responsible for the patient's clinical journey along agreed patient care pathways, supported by evidence based practice.
- To provide the highest standard of safe, effective and compassionate care through the effective use of evidence based practice in line with agreed local and national standards and the NMC Code.
- To support a continuously improving service, in line with the clinical governance framework, Trust objectives, and the NHS performance framework.
- To provide clinical advice and support to the nursing and multi -professional team to facilitate the effective delivery of care to patients at all times.
- To continually develop professionally to ensure the post holder has the appropriate level of skill, knowledge and competence to meet service/speciality requirements.
- To participate in Preceptorship/ mentorship and development programmes.
Further information about the programme can be found at: https://www.qegateshead.nhs.uk/services/aaa/About us
We offer working within a friendly, supportive team which is dedicated to delivering a patient focused, high quality service . We also encourage and fully support all of our team members to undertake continuous professional development and meet their NMC revalidation requirements.
This vacancy is part of our 'refer a friend' scheme, this means if a friend who currently works for us has told you about this vacancy you could both receive a cash payment. The full scheme details are included with the additional documents for this role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached Job Description
Clinical duties include attending community based screening clinics to perform aortic ultrasound testing. No experience in ultrasound is necessary as the successful applicant will undertake a robust ultrasound training programme to ensure high standards of scanning are met in accordance with national standard operating procedures including the completion of the Level 3 Diploma for Health Screeners.
The post holder will also have the opportunity to develop their leadership and management skills by supporting the Programme Lead in the effective management of the Screening team and taking the lead for service improvement initiatives and audit projects.
Applicants must have a clean driving licence and the use of a car with business insurance as they are required to use their own transport and Trust pool cars to attend venues.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse Part1 with current NMC Registration
- Diploma Degree in Nursing.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- IT skills/knowledge appropriate to the role
- Ability to assess. Plan, deliver and evaluate quality care
- Thorough understanding of contemporary nursing issues.
Gateshead Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.