Mental Health Street Triage Practitioner - Band 6 ( 1 post) Full time, permanent role (part-time hours considered)
Exciting new opportunities have arisen in the Mental Health Street Triage Team MHST to replace team members successful with promotions. We are seeking a full (37.5 hours per week) Band six or equivalent to work across Coventry, North and South Warwickshire between 2pm and 2am 7 days per week with a Warwickshire Police Officer working out from Greys Mallory Police Station , Warwick or Bedworth Police Station. The service in Coventry currently operates 7 days per week between 1400 hours and 0200 hours on a shift pattern. There will be an expectation to cover services across South, North Warwickshire and Coventry as the service requires.Main duties of the jobFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
Our service responds to all ages, referrals are received via the police control room based in Leek Wootton Police Head Quarters and Coventry Central. We work alongside police helping to find the best referral pathways for people encountering police services and who are experiencing mental health crisis. This includes referrals held under s136 of the Mental Health Act and consultation with police where they are considering using their powers under s136 offering advice with the most positive outcome.About us
We offer regular supervision / support both peer and managerial.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services, we see on average around 5,000 patients every day.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.
You would be expected to complete Trusted Assessments/ Urgent Care Risk Assessments in conjunction with CWPT policies. It would be a requirement to have a positive working knowledge of both secondary and third sector resources to meet peoples needs within the local communities. A high level of communication skills to diffuse possible conflict and develop a positive rapport with persons you come in to contact with.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Skills & knowlegeEssential
- Current Professional Registration - including Registered Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker, or other allied health professional relevant to mental health (degree level).
- An understanding of NICE Guidelines in relation to this area of practice
- Ability to screen referrals and clarify when consultation is appropriate and/or onward to referral to specialist services is needed.
- Experience of working in mental health as a qualified professional
- Ability to liaise effectively with statutory and voluntary services
- Proven ability to work with other professional groups within and outside of NHS
- Experience of working autonomously and making decisions around patient care particularly around crisis and risk assessment/management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- This post requires the post holder to frequently travel to various locations within the Trust.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
North/South Warwickshire & Coventry
Warwickshire and Coventry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.