This exciting and newly created role sits within the Energy, Waste and Sustainability Team at BDCFT.
The postholder will play a pivotal role in supporting the journey towards net zero and reducing our wider environmental impact.
The role is to support trust wide environmental & sustainability initiatives. The successful post holder will work under the strategic direction of the Energy, Waste and Sustainability Manager, undertaking a diverse range of projects within topic areas such as:
- active travel and modal shift,
- biodiversity and nature connectedness,
- energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation,
- carbon footprinting,
- waste reduction and circular economy,
- climate change adaptation and
- behaviour change and awareness raising.
This is a post suitable for an individual who wishes to develop and extend specialised skills and knowledge in the field of environmental management / sustainability within a small, complex and ambitious NHS trust delivering high quality specialist mental health and community services. The post holder will have high levels of autonomy and the ability to act independently on areas within their field of expertise.Main duties of the job
Based within the Sustainability Team, you will be a key contributor to the Trusts Green Plan and Net Zero agenda.
The post holder will: -
Assist the implementation of the trust wide Green Plan and net zero projects.
Contribute to the work of the team and wider Trust by managing bespoke projects about a variety of environmental topics to achieve the aims of relevant strategies and plans including the Green Plan, Green Travel Plan, Heat Decarbonisation Plan and Green Spaces & Biodiversity Plan.About us
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gather and analyse (complex) data sets to support reduction of our environmental impact.
Support delivery of sustainable quality improvement projects and contribute to Sustainability Impact Assessments when required.
Manage projects/ involvement with Healthcare Without Harm, for example the Trusts involvement in their Single Use Plastics in Healthcare project and submit data to the UNFCC Race to Zero portal on behalf of the Trust.
Lead the Trust Green Champions group and campaign to increase membership and proactive initiatives.
Increase awareness and promotion of environmental issues by drafting Green Newsletters, contributing to the Green Strategy Group and bespoke communication campaigns.
Manage the Trust Sustainability intranet and social media accounts.
Attend team/department meetings on a regular basis and contribute to building effective teamwork in exchanging views and ideas and communicating effectively.
Be flexible and adaptable to the varied nature of the workload, communicating with and supporting a variety of colleagues and stakeholders around sustainability. See JDPS for further details
Closing: 22nd September 2023
Interview: 13th October 2023Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- GCSE (or equivalent) qualifications in English, Maths
- Higher education qualification (e.g. NVQ Environmental management / BTEC sustainability skills) or other accredited course/study in an environmental / sustainability subject.
- Specialist training or knowledge in environmental management techniques in waste management, energy management or conservation and/or carbon reduction
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, ideally in an environmental /sustainability subject.
- Post-graduate qualification, or formal training, in a subject relevant to the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of the NHS/Public sector preferably in a multisite/multi-organisation environment.
- Experience of environmental efficiency work, and/or environmental behaviour change campaigns/projects across the whole organisation or company.
- Experience of managing and delivering change effectively.
- Experience of managing projects.
- Experience of policy implementation and service development across the whole organisation or company.
Bradford District Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
New Mill/ remote working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.