We are looking for an individual to deliver, support and implement the Trust's People Strategy Year 2 delivery plan, in relation to Widening Participation.
The post holder will be responsible for creating an evidence based organisational Widening Participation (WP) strategic workplan to optimise the efficacy of WP programmes across WCHC. The role will require collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to promote and cultivate a diverse and inclusive talent pipeline into the Trust, representative and of benefit to the communities it services.
The post holder will be an integral part of the Learning and Organisational Development Team, responsible to the Head of Learning and Organisational Development, and supported by the wider team to deliver the above.Main duties of the job
As the Widening Participation Lead within the Trust, the post holder will be asked to design, implement and monitor workstreams to include:
- Work Experience
- Pre-employment Programmes
- School, College and Community Engagement to promote NHS and Trust Opportunities
- Working with the wider team and line management of the NHS Cadet Coordinator to oversee the implementation of a Cheshire and Merseyside NHS Cadet Programme in the geographical locations of Wirral, Knowsley and St Helens.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the future of Widening Participation at the Trust for our communities in Wirral, Cheshire East, Knowsley and St Helens.About us
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust are very excited to be refreshing its approach to Widening Participation and are committed to ensuring that we are able to provide the best possible opportunities for people within our communities. We have interest from staff at all levels within our Trust to support these workstreams, and are looking for the right person to harness this enthusiasm for us to make a real difference.
Based within our Learning and Organisational Development Team, you can expect a supportive environment that will provide access to development over the next 12 months, and work with you to identify and support your next steps at the end of this fixed term opportunity.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the role and its responsibilities, a full job description and person specification are provided.Person SpecificationQualifications and Professional TrainingEssential
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Evidence of CPD
- Coaching qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Registered member of professional body such as CIPD or equivalent experience
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Highly specialist experience of managing and/or implementing widening participation schemes and requirements.
- Experienced in Evaluation of interventions
- Able to work to deadlines where there are complex competing priorities
- Experience of line management
- Experience of establishing stakeholder networks and building effective rapport across a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience of working with a range of stakeholders, holding to account on expected trajectories and targets
- Comprehensive specialist knowledge in relation to a number of widening participation initiatives. This may include work experience, pre-employment programmes, step into health or supported internships and including legislative requirements for training and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to communicate highly complex and sensitive information to a range of stakeholders requiring the navigation of highly complex systems working and stakeholder management
- Strong highly specialist analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong influencing, networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver programmes of work involving a number of projects running simultaneously and delivering to agreed timescales
- Ability to ensure robust governance processes are agreed and in place for projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills including proficient report writing skills communicating complex information to executive teams
- Proficient user of IT equipment and software applications.
- Ability to anticipate requests from teams and provide relevant information to support projects
- Ability to triangulate data to provide insight and make judgements for recommendation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate Trust Values to a high level
- A passion of high quality learning environments where staff will thrive
- Self Aware
- Access to transport to move freely between organisation sites
- Ability to occasionally work out-side normal office hours
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Catherines Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.