Are you a highly motivated, positive person who's looking for a new role and challenge?
Well if yes is the answer then look no further, our surgical wards are the place for you.
We welcome applications from experienced Nurses, Student Nurses and Nurses returning to practice. All our new starters are welcomed and very well supported by our friendly, and enthusiastic team,
We are looking for kind, caring, hard working and passionate nurses with an interest in providing exceptional care to patients on our surgical wards.
- Nidderdale is a multi-specialty, female surgical ward. We specialise in gynaecology, gastroenterology, general surgery, and urology.
- Littondale is a male surgical and gastroenterology ward. We provide post-operative care to patients undergoing bowel and urology surgery, take urgent surgical admissions from the Emergency Department and also care for gastroenterology patients with ongoing complex needs.
We are described as a positive, professional and adaptable team who thrive to deliver a high standard of care to our patients on a daily basis.Main duties of the jobLittondale and Nidderdale wards are led by experienced Ward Managers Rachel and Rachel, a team of dedicated Band 6 Sisters, and a supportive Matron, Lesley. As a Trust we offer our Registered Nurses:
- 4 weeks supernumerary for experienced Nurses and 8 weeks for newly qualified Nurses
- Highly-recommended Preceptorship Programme with protected time away from the ward
- First year of NMC fees paid
- Access to clinical skills training in our Clinical Skills Lab and personal development courses
- First Line Leadership programme to help develop your leadership skills
- Band 6 and 7 development posts
- Support and guidance with revalidation
- Rotational option to other surgical departments within the directorate and ICU.
To keep up to date with all of our latest Recruitment activity here at Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust follow us on Facebook: Team HDFT jobs Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust and Twitter: @HDFT_Careers.
If you require an OSCE to gain NMC registration please state whether you have passed your English Language and CBT. These are essential requirements for the role. Please note that at this time HDFT is not recruiting from countries on the World Health Organisation Workforce Support and Safeguard List, 2020. For further information visit theUK Visas and Immigration website.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide 'outstanding' care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesRegistered Nurse job summery
- An inclusive and supportive culture - our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
1) To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and to provide nursing care for patients. This requires detailed knowledge of equipment and specialised information on procedures undertaken in the clinical environment.
2) In consultation with senior staff, the post holder will help plan, co-ordinate, implement, and evaluate care for patients.
3) Maintain standards in accordance with ward /Trust policies and procedures and NMC code of conduct
4) Maintain a safe working environment, being aware of the necessity to comply with Health & Safety regulations and the Environmental Health Act, and to attend mandatory training courses.
5) Maintain safe custody of all drugs and medicines and when trained demonstrate the manipulation, dexterity and co-ordination of IV drugs.
6) To work unsupervised at times, using ward Protocols and Policies
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Rachel Little on email@example.com or 01423 553043Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oRegistered Nurse on the appropriate part of the NMC Register or working towards Registration
- oDiploma/Degree in Nursing or related field.
- oPre-registration clinical experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oPost registration experience in Surgical/Urological/gynaecology nursing
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Harrogate District Hospital
Lancaster Park Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.