The post offered is that of Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Psychiatry (10PA) working between the Barnet Triage Team and Wellbeing Clinic. The Triage Team role involves supporting the team with screening GP referrals where medical input is required, providing advice to primary care colleagues, and reviewing primary care patients unlikely to need the support of a community mental health team (CMHT). The Wellbeing Clinic role involves reviewing standalone patients (not receiving input from a CMHT) attending for depot medication or clozapine monitoring. This post was initially commissioned as pilot for twelve months as part of the Community Transformation Programme within Barnet, and is currently occupied by a fixed term locum.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust as there are many opportunities to contribute to the organisations' development and contribute to service redesign.Main duties of the job
A more detailed job description is attached. There is support for newly appointed consultants in the StartWell group. As part of this the post holder will have the opportunity of having a more senior consultant as a mentor.
Provide leadership and supervision for a multidisciplinary Primary Care Triage Team, and the Wellbeing Clinic team in Barnet.
Provide supervision to Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACP). Where appropriate this can be delegated to trainees/nurse prescribers under the supervision of the Consultant.
Ensure the review and care of the standalone Wellbeing Clinic patients.
Ensure the timely assessment, treatment, and reviews of people with mental health needs with appropriate referrals into specialized secondary care support as required.About us
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust is responsible for providing mental health services for people of all ages across the London Boroughs of Barnet, Enfield and Haringey, as well as providing some specialist services across the whole of North London and beyond. Since January 2011, the Trust also provides adult and children's community health services in Enfield, following the transfer of Enfield Community Services from NHS Enfield.Formed in 2001 through the merger of its predecessor organizations, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust (BEH-MHT) continues to innovate and develop at a fast pace. We are a large mental health trust in London with an annual budget of �337 million and employing more than 3,300 staff. In 2020-21 the trust cared for more than 126,176 people approximately 2,800 patients on our wards and over 128,388 service users in the community.
We provide a wide range of local and more specialist mental health services, including helping people with serious mental illness (SMI), personality disorders, drug and alcohol recovery, children's mental health issues, dementia, eating disorders, learning disabilities, ADHD and suicide prevention. The Trust has an overall Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating as 'Good' from 2019 and retained the 'good' rating in 2022. It also runs the North London Forensic Service (NLFS), which the CQC has rated as Outstanding.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Promote mental health and independence for all people.
Provide clinical and professional leadership in the service.
Provide support to carers and relatives of people, including them wherever possible and in care plans.
Facilitate access to a range of community orientated services to those who may need them.
Liaise effectively with other Trust services and external partner agencies in the best interests of patients.
Provide a service of the highest quality, within the limits of our resources.
Promote high quality management of mental health patients by non-medical staff.
Support non-medical colleagues in working independently.
Take part in management activities related to the post, or the wider service within which it is embedded.
Comply with all legal obligations covering clinical practice e.g. MHA (1983) and MCA (2005).
Commit to ensuring fair access to services for all.
Comply with procedures on reporting concerns about professional conduct or competence of medical or other colleagues.Person SpecificationQualifications & ExperienceEssential
- oWithin six months of obtaining a CCT in general adult psychiatry (or dual trained) or on the GMC Specialist Register
- oMembership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- oExcellent clinical skills with experience of inpatient psychiatric care
- oFull GMC Registration
- oSection 12 Approved and an Approved Clinician
- oRegistered for the Continuing Professional Development Programme in the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- oMembership of a Medical Defence Union
- oClinical supervision skills training
Management & AuditEssential
- oAdditional degree or equivalent
- oPostgraduate teaching qualification
- oResearch experience
- oExperience of medical audit / Quality Improvement projects
- oManagement skills
- oPostgraduate management qualification
- oUnderstanding of contracting, finance and activity monitoring
- oDemonstrable record of clinical leadership
- oNegotiation skills
- oUnderstanding of equal opportunities and appropriate training
IT Experience & SkillsEssential
- oExperience in developing a service component
- oExperience in data gathering and management
- oBasic computer skills, including ability to use e-mail and internet
- oFamiliarity with RiO electronic notes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExcellent communication skills
- oExcellent spoken and written English
- oAbility to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- oEnthusiasm and commitment to the NHS
- oHighest level of integrity
- oCapacity to respond positively to the constantly changing NHS environment
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Springwell Centre, Barnet Hospital
Wellhouse Lane, Barnet
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.