We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Digital Operations to join our team, working closely with the DD& T Senior Leadership Team to embed the Trust's DD& T Strategy. The postholder will be a critical member of the Senior Leadership Team within the function. A key focus of the role will be the continuous improvement of our Digital Services to support the Trust in achieving its strategic digital priorities. Being able to develop efficient and customer centric services is critical to the success of the role.Main duties of the job
You will need to have senior level experience in Cyber Security in an NHS or similarly complex environment and will need to have worked in Technical based roles previously, with significant Data Security Experience. You will be required to deputise for colleagues in the department at a variety of forums and with a variety of stakeholders including colleagues operating at Sub-Board and Board levels. You will also be required to represent the Trust at local, regional and national events and forums.
You will have successfully implemented large scale organisational Cyber /IG change, and have considerable experience of developing and implementing Cyber/IG strategies, policies and procedures. You will also need demonstrable experience of managing teams of staff where possible.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, who can demonstrate a coaching style, and can respond positively in a fast paced and changing environment. You will need to have excellent technical IT, planning, organisation and time management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate others, and demonstrate a commitment to personal development, and dedication and enthusiasm for the Cyber/IG agenda.
For an informal conversation about the role with the Chief Finance Officer Steve Washbourne.About us The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest specialist orthopaedic units in Europe. We offer planned orthopaedic surgery to people locally, nationally and internationally. Our Trust is a very special hospital big enough to deliver world class services and small enough to offer exceptional patient and staff experience. We offer a working experience unique in the West Midlands and we're always on the lookout for passionate people to join our award-winning team. The ROH is an equal opportunities employer. We employ people of difference and are committed to growing an inclusive culture, where difference is celebrated, and people feel able to bring their whole and authentic self to work. We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a range of inclusive, family friendly and flexible working arrangements and policies, to support our people in the workplace. Flexible working requests will be considered. The Trust is committed to the Disability Confident Interview Scheme and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy and consider them on their abilities. If you have a disability and need any support with your application or require any reasonable adjustments to be implemented please do get in touch with the Recruiting Manager for this position so that the team can support you. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder is a senior manager within the Digital team. Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the post holder will be key to influencing, developing, and embedding the Trusts Digital Cyber/IG Strategy.
See attached job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters level qualification in Data Security or similar, or equivalent knowledge and experience gained through significant experience in senior posts
- Qualifications in ITIL or Similar
- Evidence of leadership development
- Prince 2 project management qualification
- Senior level experience Digital in an NHS or similarly complex environment
- Significant experience of managing complex Cyber programmes of work in healthcare organisations over the full life-cycle, from business case development and approval through to operational implementation and steady state support
- Considerable experience of developing and implementing Cyber strategies, policies and procedures
- Experience of high-level report writing e.g. Board/Executive Level
- Experience of identification and management of Digital Staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Technical expertise with a range of IT service applications, including security issues, as well as advanced IT skills
- In depth understanding of NHS Digital strategy and able to translate this into a strategy and operational outcomes for the service
- Ability to analyse, synthesise and use complex data to inform tactical and strategic decision making at a functional and organisational level
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Address
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.