A 12 month fixed term contract exciting opportunity has risen for a motivated and exceptional data quality midwife who will ensure quality data is submitted to inform trends and service improvement.
You will have an overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of data within the service and work closely with the staff to ensure that they are supported with inputting of correct information in hand written notes and electronically. Your role would also incorporate producing monthly key performance indicator reports for dissemination, discussion and data quality assurance.
Please contact us if you have the following experience:
- Evidence of experience with data validation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
Main duties of the job
- IT Literate (MS WP/Excel & PowerPoint)
- Have knowledge and experience of working with data bases, data analysis and coding.
- Lead staff through coaching and modelling, toward the achievement of expected standard.
- The data quality Midwife will have a key role in ensuring quality data is submitted to inform trends and service improvement.
- Have a responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of data within the service and work closely with the digital midwife and maternity staff to ensure that they are supported with inputting of correct information electronically. Your role would also incorporate working alongside the digital midwife to produce monthly key performance indicator reports for dissemination, discussion and data quality assurance.
- Have a proactive role in quality improvement, assist the digital midwife in maintaining audits and KPI's as instructed. Work with the digital midwife to ensure annual audits are completed, reported, actions implemented and compliance reviewed.Your role will incorporate working with members of the wider multidisciplinary team within the hospital and community, including children center staff, midwifery staff, members of the breast feeding support team and medical personnel.
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which ourWeCarevalues and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Has a knowledge of Midwifery
- Has a knowledge and experience of working with data base, data analysis and coding
- Ability to work as part a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to store data/information safely and correctly
- Ability to provide formal teaching development to staff/colleagues
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of learning activities and identifies how it could be improved
- Report Writing Skills
- Presentation Skills
- IT Literate (MS WP/Excel & PowerPoint)
- Change Management
- Innovative Practice
- Research and Audit
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the Maternity Department and the Trust.
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm towards teaching and sharing knowledge.
- Understanding of own knowledge and skills framework and ability to identify learning needs and interest
- Ability to self-reflect, carry out tasks of own job and identify learning needs and interests
- Ability to take an active role in agreed learning activities and keeps a record of them
- Demonstrates a greater understanding of learning needs and evidence of facilitation skills
- Motivated to working by self or with others: guided by professional principles and set defined parameters
- The ability to communication with patients in an empathetic manner.
- Can demonstrate an enthusiastic, approachable and friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Registered Midwife
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Teaching qualification or equivalent experience.
- 2 years previous IT or data quality experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of current and emerging NHS strategy and policy
- Ability to offer constructive suggestions for service improvement
- Effectively carries out tasks related to evaluating services
- Understanding and rising to the challenges in service improvement
- Ability to work within set timeframes working to priorities and deadlines
- Ability to monitor the quality of own and others work
- Able to recognise own limits and work within those limits of competence
- Ability to use and maintain resources efficiently and effectively and encourage others to do so
- To provide data and information prior to deadlines
- Ability to support staff during the appraisals review process
- Ability to delegate authority to people and monitor them against required outcomes
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet service requirements
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.