We are looking to expand our team of senior nurses within the unit. The role is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced band 6 nurse or for a senior staff nurse who is looking to progress in their career.
The Sandringham Unit includes a 26 bedded surgical elective ward and a separate admissions unit. The role will cover both of these areas so will be a varied and interesting opportunity.
The ward is very fast paced with up to 25 elective admissions per day and will require someone with great organisational skills and someone who can work well under pressure.
If you are passionate about providing high standards of nursing care, you feel that you want to develop your skills and you believe you are able to positively motivate others, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Please feel free to visit our area if you don't already work within our team! We welcome applications from existing team members for this position, from fellow QEH staff and also from external applicants!Main duties of the job
Responsibilities include ensuring the team deliver effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
We are looking for an experienced nurse who can demonstrate their ability to support the team and ward manager, promote effective quality patient care whilst managing a team and embrace daily challenges utilising appropriate clinical decision making.
Youshould have excellent organisational and clinical skills and be able to communicate at all levels. You will be aware of budget control at ward level.
You will ensure that legislation, policies and procedures are correctly applied within the team and action any issues promptly.
An interest in Education would be also be beneficial as we require a go to link nurse for our learners.About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for further information about the job role.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- RGN Degree/Diploma in nursing
- Evidence of Post registration Educational Continuing development
- Recognised NMC Teaching and Assessing Qualification or equivalent, or willingness to undertake, or in progress.
- Post registration experience
- Evidence of innovation and achievements in clinical practice
- Can demonstrate their experience of collaborative working
- Can demonstrate the use of appropriate criteria to prioritise patient case load
- Can demonstrate experience of difficult conversations.
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- Evidence of working as part of a multi- disciplinary working experience
- Demonstrates experience of clinical risk management
- Community experience
- Proven compassionate care experience.
- Demonstrates understanding of efficient and effective use of resources where the workload can be unpredictable
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise and implement and use new ways of working.
- Good verbal and written skills
- Demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise
- Understands specific needs of patients complex cases
- Understands importance of evidence based practice
- Can demonstrate knowledge of current discharge to assess processes
- Knowledge of NHS plan and national nursing strategy
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and its implications for practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Computer literacy
- Able to influence other professional groups
- Successful change management
- Good understanding of clinical governance issues especially risk management and audit procedures, including evaluation
- Audit experience / research skills
- Experience of Patient and Public Involvement in Service Delivery
- Participates in formal and informal teaching
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.