An exciting opportunity to for a senior mental health practitioner within the living well service in Tameside & Glossop. This post will involve working with our Pennine Care NHS Foundation colleagues & our Partners in the Living well service to identify & support patients who are struggling with their Mental Health in the community.Main duties of the job
Senior Mental Health Practitioners conduct biopsychosocial assessments & Initial Conversations with people presenting with mental health difficulties, social care needs & risk issues at a primary care level. The aim is to promote recovery & help people maintain their lives within their community environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
An SMHP assesses risk, devises risk management plans with service users as part of the Duty function. This pathway promotes self-management to enable service users' engagement with other parts of LWT & offers advice to colleagues where necessary.
As a SMHP you will also be able to offer brief interventions (max12 wks) including devising coping strategies, problem-solving, motivational & behavioural activation work, anxiety management, risk management & suicide prevention work, medication support, promoting social & interagency support, providing psychological support & biopsychosocial education aimed at insight development, promoting self-help through resources & signposting & reviewing treatment plans with service users deemed too complex for other parts of LWT or who may not meet the criteria for secondary care services.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification: Applicants must possess RMN / RNMH / Social Worker / OT or equivalent.
Completion of Preparation for Mentorship / Practice Teacher/, is desirable together with significant post-registration experience.About us
We have a very exciting position for you if you are a Mental Health Professional ,your new career will not only be enjoyable but rewarding as you develop specialist skills & contribute to provide care to some of the most vulnerable people in our locality.
We are a 9-5 Monday to Friday service, which offers flexible working opportunities, hours can be negotiable.
The Team are continually seeking service development opportunities & welcomes an enthusiastic, motivated & caring Practitioner to join our busy & supportive team in Tameside & Glossop.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Team offers a comprehensive Biopsychosocial assessment for those individuals who may require secondary care services & is able to offer short term support in respect of any identified mental health difficulties if indicated.
As a Senior Mental Health Practitioner within the living well system, you will be an integral part of a MDT that meet regularly to actively case manage patients who present with multiple complex needs. you will complete mental health & risk assessments to identify patients needs & provide short-term, low-level interventions to prevent escalation & crisis.
Essential Skills & Abilities
Comprehensive mental health & risk assessment skills Ability to deliver evidence based interventions.
Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and I.T Skills Ability to form productive working relationships & Good organisational & prioritisation skills.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/ExperienceEssential
- RMN/RNMH/Social Worker equivalent
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Experience of working with individuals who present to mental health services in crisis and have symptoms of mental health illness
- Proven experience of working with clients with complex needs
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Degree - or working towards completion
- Formal teaching qualification.
- Further training in brief psychosocial interventions
- Completion of Preparation for Mentorship/Practice Teacher/Fieldwork Educator qualification or willingness to complete
- Primary care mental health work experience
- Experienced in the use of outcome measures such as CORE, PHQ9 and GAD7
- Experience of working with a psychological model of care
- Experience of triaging referrals
- Experience of providing supervision to junior staff
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Understanding of current mental health legislation, Safe Guarding and Child Protection Legislation
- Awareness of NICE Guidance in the treatment of mental health problems and knowledge of treatments and interventions appropriate for individuals with mental health needs
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues
- Knowledge of psychosocial assessment and risk assessment/management processes
- Comprehensive understanding of deliberate self-harm and appropriate management strategies
- Comprehensive mental health and risk assessment skills
- Ability to contribute to the development of effective packages of care and risk management plans
- Ability to deliver a range of evidence based interventions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comprehensive I.T Skills
- Ability to form productive working relationships with service users, carers and multi-disciplinary staff
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Skills in planning, delivery and evaluation of training
- Skills in the area of audit or research
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
225 Old Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.