**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE (ts& cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *�10K Retention Pay Premia*
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.Main duties of the job
HPFT are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our CAMHS team based in Welwyn Garden City.
The Welwyn Garden City clinic is part of the East Herts Quadrant for Community CAMHS Clinics of which the teams work alongside colleagues in Hoddesdon and Bishops Stortford CAMHS Clinics to form the East Herts quadrant.
The successful applicant will work alongside 2 substantive consultants and 3 specialty doctors in the East CAMHS Team, the team works on an outpatient model and currently receives approximately 60-70 referrals per month and the successful applicant is expected to have a caseload of 30-50 cases at any time.
The post is a generic Tier 3 CAMHS clinic dealing with diagnosis and management of mental health presentations for 0 - 17 (inclusive) year old young people in the locality. There is no requirement to see ADHD or neurodevelopmental conditions in this post as this is covered by a dedicated consultant and local Paediatric teams.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.About us Here's what we have to offer you
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities through NHS Leadership academy and links with Hertfordshire University
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of �800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting and smart phones)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Dedicated SPA time in Job Plan
- Generous relocation package up to �7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Some of the duties include (but not exclusive to):
- To work closely with the multidisciplinary team and other agencies in health and social care as appropriate.
- To have responsibility for assessing a young persons mental state, formulating a diagnosis, advising on treatment and monitoring the risks a young person poses, alongside the MDT
- To undertake referral meetings, case reviews as required.
- To provide opportunities for case based discussion and teaching to the MDT.
- To participate in various medical staff meetings within the Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust as necessary.
- To be part of the Quality Leadership Team and support in developing services and providing clinical leadership to the team.
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration
- Section 12 Approved
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register For Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry of Learning Disability or equivalent(or within 6 months)
- Section 12 Approval / Approved Clinician Status (Candidates from abroad can apply for this within 3 months of taking up post)
Experience, Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- MRCPsych OR a specialist qualification from an EU country that complies with EU directive 2005/36/EU.
- Broad range of experience in psychiatric practice and in the use of psychological therapies.
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve shared goals
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service.
- Experience and competencies in assessing and treating children and adolescents with complex mental health needs and their families. It is expected a high-level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Experience of working in a multi- disciplinary team.
- Previous experience of Leadership and Management roles working in a child and adolescent service.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to work conscientiously and complete all tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and boundaries with young people.
- Ability to learn and develop new skills needed for the post.
- Ability to think clearly and express self.
- Ability to assess reports and clinical information and provide clear and concise information tailored for different audience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car Driver (unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995)
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Welwyn Garden City
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.