We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 Scrub Nurse to join our internationally renowned St Andrews Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery, which is a regional centre of excellence covering a population of 3.2 million with a regional burns service serving a population of 9.8 million.
You will have the opportunity to work across our five dedicated plastics surgery theatres which undertake elective plastics and regional trauma. We are a leading area for breast reconstruction, and we are also privileged to have an internationally renowned burns unit, serving the local population and some international patients.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to develop your skills and expertise within this interesting and rewarding area of theatres, we want you to apply to join our friendly, dedicated and innovate team today.Main duties of the job
The post holder is expected to work closely with the multidisciplinary team ensuring perioperative patients receive a quality evidence-based nursing care. Some of your duties will include:
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, holistic, high quality and individualised care which respects patient personal dignity and beliefs
- Maintain a safe working environment for patients, visitors, and staff
- Maintain and promote effective communication between colleagues, patients, relatives, and visitors
- Act as a clinical and professional role model demonstrating specialist knowledge and high standards of clinical practice and provide support when necessary
- Act as a mentor to students and newly qualified staff, teaching and assessing to ensure evidence-based practice
- Assist in the management of the Theatre budget and ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained
- Maintain a professional profile and develop skills, knowledge and competencies adhering to Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of this interesting role please see attached job description, but responsibilities include:
Person SpecificationRegistered Nurse/ ODP with evidence of CPDEssential Desirable Recent theatre experience/placementEssential
- Undertakes Band 5 Competency Framework
- Undertakes ISO generic equipment and service specific equipment competencies
- Collaborates and communicates with all members of the health care team to ensure safe, high quality patient care
- Plan and prepare equipment according to patients needs and procedures
- Implement and evaluate care plans as appropriate to surgical requirement and patients condition
- Monitor and assess patients condition, responding to changes in condition, proposing / making changes to care plan as required
- To be aware of the management of drugs and to adhere to local policies and administer drugs as prescribed
- Maintain accurate paper and electronic patient and theatre records
- Handover and transferring responsibility of care to colleagues, ensuring appropriate information and care is relayed
- Direct and participates in the manoeuvring and the positioning of both conscious and unconscious patients
- Effectively undertakes operational responsibility for a Theatre, as delegated, on a day-to-day basis
- Recent theatre experience/placement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Recent experience in Burns & Plastics surgery
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.