Job Title -Clinical Sister / Charge Nurse Critical Care
Hours per week-37.5 Hours Per Week - Part Time Hours would be considered
Perm/Fixed Term - Permanent
Salary: (�35,392 - �42,618) per annum
Closing Date-25th September 2023
We are looking to employ Band 6 Critical Care Nurses to assist in the leadership of our critical care unit. This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas. A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertise and enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. #JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the job
- Clinical leadership through effective monitoring and implementation of standards and evidence-based practice.
- Provide clinical leadership and direction to nursing team
- Act as a role model for all nursing staff within the unit promoting professional practice at all times.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the clinical area.
- To deputise for the Senior Sister in their absence
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence Benefits:
On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Co-ordination of the rostered shift allocation, referring to senior sister if appropriateor available.
- Maintain clinical competence of self and others as determined by service need and job description. Tasks to include male catheterisation, ECG, Venepuncture, IV administration, Cannulation and X-ray requesting under group protocols.
- To frequently manage patients of all age groups with challenging behaviour such as violent and aggressive, under the influence of alcohol, mental health problems, sudden death, adult bereavement and patients who are a threat to themselves and others.
- To facilitate and build team working between nurses and the multi-disciplinary team to effect high standards of care.
- Ensure that risk assessments are complete as per Trust policy for manual Handling, Health & Safety and other relevant areas of concern.
- Ensure that equipment and the environment support the delivery of high standards of care at all times.
- Maintain a good standard of communication with the multidisciplinary team and respect the confidentiality of patients, relatives and colleagues.
- Provide specialized information and advice to patients, relatives and carers and other professionals in the provision of acute medical care.Managerial
- To support the Senior Sister to review staffing requirements using a proactive approach to retention and recruitment of staff
- oRelevant clinical experience
- oDemonstrate commitment and ability to support staff teaching, research & education
- oProven leadership skills, including team building, change management
Qualifications and Professional TrainingEssential
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage resources
- Registered General Nurse
- level of experience
- Post basic qualification relevant to post
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Evidence of ongoing development
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Leadership course or mentoring course
- oProven clinical skills
- oGood communication and interpersonal skills duties, including moving and handling of patients
- oPhysical capability to perform nursing duties, including moving and handling of patients.
- oTo demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- oAbility to lead and motivate staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of innovation within current areas of practice.
- Evidence of the ability to facilitate changes in practice
George Eliot Hospital NHS TrustAddress
George Eliot NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.