An exciting opportunity has arisen for a substantive appointment as a Support Manager for Urgent and Emergency Care within the Emergency Department at United Lincolnshire Hospital NHS Trust . Applications are invited from dynamic, enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals who are looking to showcase their potential.
You will be working as part of a team responsible for managing performance within the Emergency Department and helping to deliver safe and effective services at Pilgrim Hospital Boston.Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone with experience in line management with excellent clerical skills, experience with Excel spreadsheets and a team player with a flexible approach to working. You should have the ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to manage a demanding workload. Making decisions under pressure is essential, as is the ability to motivate staff and respond to unexpected changes.About us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciated.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description, and if you like what you see, then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. Your NHS needs you!Person SpecificationQualifcationsEssential
- Managerial qualification or similar experience
- GCSE (or equivalent) English, Mathematics grades A-C
- Significant administrative experience
- Experience of working in a supervisory capacity
- Proven experience and success of change management
- Understands the acute trust environment and the obstacles in achieving Trust priorities.
Knowledge, skills and aptitudeEssential
- Experience in ED or acute medicine
- Previous experience of managing rotas and medical staffing
- Comprehensive MS Office skills including Excel experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and able to demonstrate good listening skills
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Proven ability in supervision of staff
- Ability to evidence/demonstrate key values and behaviours in line with the Trust framework
- Flexibility and ability to initiate and co-ordinate change to working practices
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of computer systems utilised in the Trust. E.g. Medway, Web V etc.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Pilgrim Hospital Boston
Pilgrim Hospital Boston
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.