An exciting opportunity has arisen to join mental health services in Powys Teaching Health Board (PTHB) within Older Persons Mental Health Services (OPMHS).
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Registered Nurse to work on Tawe Ward, Ystradgynlais Community Hospital which is an 8 bedded acute assessment unit for older adults who are experiencing functional and/or cognitive difficulties. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed and innovative person to join our specialised team.
Operational management will be provided by the Ward Manager and professional accountability will be ensured through regular supervision with the clinical lead. We care for our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day so you will need to have the flexibility to take part in a full shift system including nights, bank holidays and weekend working.Main duties of the job
You will be using the Mental Health Measure framework, to work with the individual to assess, plan, implement and evaluate their needs. Using the recovery process while agreeing realistic and achievable outcomes.
You will be required to administer, monitor and supervise prescribed medication. Observe for and report, as appropriate, therapeutic effects, and any possible side effects using evidence-based scales.Offer support, advice and information to carers/relatives.Encourage participation of carers in planning of care and work in a manner which will engender trust and co-operation, thereby enhancing patient care, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Adhere to the Powys Teaching Health Board Policies and Procedures in all areas of clinical practiceAbout us
Being the smallest Heath Board in Wales means that you won't get lost in the crowd. Everybody at Powys Teaching Health Board is valued for the contribution they make to our varied and diverse portfolio of community-based services. Together, we can continue to make a real difference to our patients and build on our unrivalled reputation.
As a supportive and progressive employer, we actively encourage you to carve out a career with us, through a range of development pathways. We're also lucky enough to be situated in one of the most beautiful rural counties in Britain, let alone Wales! Achieving a healthy 'life work' balance is essential, and something we recognise by prioritising your well-being.
To start your journey with us, and to learn more about what we can offer you please visit: https://pthb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/. There you will find information about our benefits and values, read staff experiences and more about what our beautiful county has to offer Step into Health connects employers in the NHS to people from the Armed Forces community.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationEnglishEssential
- Registered Mental Health Professional Nurse Knowledge of Mental Health Act, Mental Health Act Measure Wales and Mental Capacity Act (2005) Awareness of specific government/legislation pertinent to the clinical area
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and/or multi-agency working
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills Working knowledge of safeguarding procedures Able to demonstrate empathy with patients and their families/carers Demonstrate an awareness of the need for self-development Analytical and judgemental skills to enhance the decisionmaking process to resolve complex issues/situations Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literacy
- Demonstrates an ability to meet Health Board Values
- Special requirements to perform in the role e.g. ability to travel within geographical area when needed Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the unit Flexible working pattern
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of Powys Teaching Health Board modernisation of services plan Evidence of post graduate study
- Experience of working within health settings Ability to support and influence change Experience of working with designated client group
- Ability to speak Welsh
Powys Teaching Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.