The Community Mental Health Hub, is designed to provide young people with expert help from one easy access point, and will be hosted by the Taunton Deane West PCN.
This is an emerging flagship service, created as part of the ARRS (Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme). The main goal for PCNs, as set out by NHS England, is to enable greater provision of proactive, personalised, and coordinated care. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the screening of referrals including signposting, offering information, telephone triage and where necessary face to face assessments to ascertain need.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work alongside colleagues at the CAMHS Single Point of Access team.
The post will work within the Taunton Deane West (PCN) which comprises of 3 GP surgeries in Wellington and Wiveliscombe.
The post holder will be closely linked with the Somerset Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), Voluntary Sector and Schools. They will assess, signpost and offer short term interventions for children and young people for their mental health, ensuring that they get the best possible care and outcomes.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- You will hold current NMC, Social Work England or Health and Care Professions Council registration and be working at or towards Band 6 or with equivalent skills and experience.
- To work as part of the Mental Health Hub undertaking direct/indirect assessments and consultations, offering advice, signposting and undertaking the appropriate assessment of risk.
- To support the delivery of a high-quality link worker provision into primary and secondary care. This will include providing consultation and training to staff in a range of agencies in relation to the mental and emotional well-being of children and young people.
- To support the PCN in the delivery of the service, ensuring it meets national guidance and local key performance indicators.
- To provide clinical supervision if appropriate and as required
- Core qualification in Nursing, Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Evidence of continued professional development
- oProfessional knowledge acquired through degree/diploma.
- Post qualification experience in a mental health setting, working with young people with mental illness.
- Experience of working with children and young people who have serious mental illness and their families and carers in the community
- To have ability to manage a case load and experience of acting as care coordinator for clients on a case list
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate experience of providing mental health assessments
- Experience of managing risk in a community setting
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Somerset - Wellington and Wiveliscombe
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.