You will take the lead role within the Paediatric Unit and NICU to plan/implement and facilitate safe and effective discharge of infants/children and young people who require complex care packages.
Co-ordinate and assess health care or training needs of parents/carers allowing smooth and quick discharge home from hospital to community through a multi-disciplinary approach. You will be expected to support junior nurses across the unit to teach and empower them to support the safe discharge needs of children and young people.Main duties of the job
Paediatric Health Visitor Liaison and Discharge Nurse.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a passionate motivated Paediatric Nurse to come and join our Paediatric team here at Basildon.
This post is a combined role of Health Visitor Liaison and Discharge Co-ordinator. The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner working independently and will organise their own work, supported by the Named Nurse Lead for Safeguarding Children and the Paediatric Matron.
You will take the lead role within the Paediatric Unit and NICU to plan/Implement and facilitate safe and effective discharge of infants/children and young people who require complex care packages.
Co-ordinate and assess health care or training needs of parents/carers allowing smooth and quick discharge home from hospital to community through a multi-disciplinary approach.
The post holder must be able to understand complex Health Visitor Liaison issues and be able to assess risk for both patients, carers, families and staff.
Ensure all attendances to the Emergency Department and the Paediatric Wards are reviewed and that appropriate HV liaison communication is completed to multi-agency partners.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationRSCN/RN ChildEssential H.V/ School Nurse DegreeEssential
- The post holder will ensure effective communication between primary, secondary and tertiary care centers, they will facilitate continuity of care for infants/children, young people and their families.
- The Post Holder will take the Lead Nurse role within the Paediatric Unit on the facilitation of safe discharge needs of the complex patient work load inclusive of the Neo-Natal Unit and Paediatric A& E/PAU asrequired. The post holder will be expected to support junior nurses in decision making and ensure efficient cover on the Discharge Co-oridnater is maintained.
- To be able to plan/Implement and facilitate safe and effective discharge of infants/children and young people who require complex care packages from hospital to community through a multi-disciplinary approach. Co-ordinate and assess health care or training needs of parents/carers allowing smooth and quick discharge home.
- Work in conjunction with system partners in continuing care to complete complex nursing needs assessment to facilitate discharge planning meetings, ensuring collaborative working across acute andcommunity services.
- Attend MDT handover and provide leadership and support to the team with regards to complex unwell infants and children with regard to discharge planning and safeguarding information sharing across NICU and Paediatric Services.
- Form relationships and work alongside the Neonatal and Paediatric Medical and Nursing Teams to facilitate safe transfer or discharge of infants with complex needs.
- Ensure all attendances to the Emergency Department/ Wards are reviewed and that appropriate HV liaison communication is completed to multiagency partners.
- Provide Education and training to support staff within the unit to ensure children and young people have their emotional health and wellbeing needs met and that risk taking behaviors are identified and appropriately safeguarded.
Evidence of post reg learningEssential
- Degree in H.V/ School Nurse
Employer detailsEmployer name
- evidence of post reg learning
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.