We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Clinical/Counselling Psychologist or Psychological Therapist to join our supportive team of psychologists working in the Specialist Adult Community Mental Health Service in Harlow, Essex to cover maternity leave. This post is available at Band 7 or Band 8a, dependent on experience. Please note that we also welcome applications from Trainee Counselling Psychologists entering their final year of doctoral training who may be looking for a paid placement.Main duties of the job
Working alongside experienced psychologists, you will be responsible for assessment and formulation of service users presenting with complex needs, supporting them to understand how their difficulties are impacting on their daily life. You will be responsible for delivering NICE recommended psychological interventions for chronic conditions such as emotionally unstable personality disorder, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders and depression, aiming to promote social inclusion and empower service users within their mental health recovery. You will provide support and training to staff on how to support service users in psychologically informed ways. Depending on your level of experience you may also offer supervision to trainees and assistants.
We use a trauma-informed consultation approach to support our MDT colleagues to actively engage clients in safety and stabilisation work. This psychologically informed approach to client care ensures that clients are able to make effective use of more formal psychological interventions/therapies.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bankJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work as an integral member of the Adult Community Psychology Service in West Essex, being primarily based within the Harlow Specialist Community Mental Health Service.
- To provide verbal and written formulations that aid clinical interventions for service users presenting with highly complex problem, their families and carers, and other professionals.
- To formulate and deliver plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of service users' mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of their difficulties.
- To practice within the context of evidence-based approaches and the overall therapeutic approach/philosophy of the service.
- To plan, organise and deliver evidence-based individual psychological therapy.
- To be responsible for organising and delivering pre-existing group psychological interventions to liaise with other professional about the progress of service users attending group interventions.
- To plan and manage own caseload, supported by Principal Clinical Psychologist.
- Doctorate or equivalent or in final year for psychologist
- Qualification with accredited body e.g. ACAT, BABCP, DBT level 4/5, ISST for therapist
- HCPC Registered or working towards it if trainee
- Post graduate training in specialised areas of practice
- Experience of working with complex presentations
- Experience of assessment and formulation
- Experience of planning and delivering NICE approved interventions
- Experience of working in NHS
- Previous experience of providing supervision
- Experience of running groups
- Knowledge of psychological therapies and the application of current models of practice, specialist assessment tools and outcomes frameworks in own specialist area of practice
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in specific 'difficult to treat' groups
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Own car and current licence to drive in UK
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Latton Bush Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.