We are looking for our new Head of Digital PMO to join our award-winning Digital Team in our large �1bn+, high-performing, acute hospital Trust. UHS Digital has overseen the development of a wide range of pioneering projects to improve care for our patients and you will lead and support the delivery of critical and complex digital change programmes. What we do makes a huge difference to the care we provide, so a commitment to patient or customer care is essential. Extensive experience in leading a large, complex digital change portfolio is essential, as are extensive stakeholder engagement skills, as you will manage all aspects of thedevelopment and implementation of programmes that feed into our UHS digital strategy.
We are a dynamic and fast-paced environment, always evolving and improving and encouraging innovation. You will be able to demonstrate and live our UHS Values and share our passion and commitment to patient care -and trust - in a spirit of collaboration, inclusivity and compassion. We are committed to your career journey and offer a supportive, flexible and collaborative working environment.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.About us
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated 'Good' by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on-site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat you'll do
You will develop and manage the Digital PMO with a team of around 25, with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a best-practice project delivery approach are delivered within the agreed time, cost quality, scope, risks, and benefits, for the improvement of UHS Digital and our Trust and ultimately our patients.
You will lead our annual Digital delivery plan and manage the pipeline of new projects to meet strategic priorities, working with a wide range of stakeholders across the Trust to highlight key areas including resource management, key achievements, delivery dates, risks, and challenges.
With your excellent inter-personal, team development, leadership and communications skills, you will work with national NHS guidance and frameworks and contribute to and support the UHS Digital Strategy you will provide programme and project management consultancy support, quality assurance, training and coaching to the PMO team
You will be committed to building positive working partnerships with the Board, senior managers, staff and a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and be able to demonstrate and live our UHS Values and share our vision and direction for the division and the trust in a spirit of collaboration, inclusivity and compassion. What we're looking for
As a Programme and Project Management senior practitioner, you will bring your significant leadership experience in the IT and digital change space, with specific experience in delivering change at scale and pace You will bring significant experience in writing multi-million-pound business cases and plans for investments, plus the management and successful delivery of full programme/project lifecycle and supplier management of a large and complex digital change portfolio
You will bring demonstrable stakeholder engagement skills to develop and build key trusted relationships with colleagues across our Trust you will be able to present complex and technical information to internal and external groups, including at an Executive Board level, and with colleagues across our Trust
- You will have the commitment to drive the implementation of our digital strategy forward, making a considerable contribution to the care we provide for our patients, so a customer-focused approach is essential The closing date will be Sunday 24th September at Midnight. Interviews will take place on 4th October.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant undergraduate degree (Tech, Business, Change) or equivalent specialist knowledge and experience
- Educated to master's degree or significant equivalent experience with highly specialist technical knowledge in relevant field
- Recognised Programme and Project Management qualification to practitioner level
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Change management qualification or training
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Recognised Portfolio Management qualification to practitioner level
- Evidence of leadership training
- Significant experience of staff line management and development, and leading a service (including budgetary management)
- Significant experience of authoring complex business cases and plans for investments of greater than �3 million including robust options appraisal and financial analysis
- Detailed knowledge and significant experience of the management and successful delivery of full programme/project lifecycle (including pre-programme/ project phases) and supplier management of a large and complex digital change portfolio and very large programmes and projects
- Significant experience of presenting complex and technical information to internal and external groups (sometimes large groups (100+ people) including at an Executive Board level
- Proven experience of engaging with all levels of staff including Board Level
- Significant experience of procurement of large IT systems with a value in excess of �1million
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience and understanding of delivering procurement projects using NHS methodologies, assurances and frameworks
- Management and successful delivery of full programme/project lifecycle of very large programmes and projects (including pre-programme/ project phases) in an Acute NHS Trust, a provider NHS (non-acute) or the NHS
- Experience of business case development for the NHS
- Leading the development and improvement of programme and project management and change methodologies, policies, practices and artefacts
- Significant experience of programme and project management consultancy support, training and coaching
- A thorough understanding of national requirements for NHS Health Informatics including strategy, policy, mandatory requirements
University Hospital Southampton NHS TrustAddress
Southampton General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.