Are you looking to be part of an amazing team who provide high quality and safe care, striving towards excellence? University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Bank Midwives to join our Maternity team. We are looking for bank Band 5 and 6 Registered Midwives to join out team in either the hospital or community setting.
If you are a band 5 Midwife you will be supported by our award winning team of Clinical Preceptor Support Midwives (CPSM's) who will provideyou with a named preceptor to provide additional pastoral support should it be required. We have a team of 9 Professional Midwifery Advocates(PMA), supported by a Lead PMA to provide restorative clinical supervision. Overseas applicants please only apply if you are registered with the NMC and are active on the register and already in receipt of UK PINMain duties of the job
The primary aim of the role is to ensure that a high quality service is delivered to women and their families. The Midwife will plan within the integrated role to deliver and evaluate the care of the women and their families in the antenatal, intrapartum or postnatal period in which ever setting that occurs in. Areas of preference you could work within include inpatients, outpatients or the community setting. The post holder will practice in accordance with the NMC code of practice.
The role is multidimensional and requires the post holder to fulfil all the identified criteria. Having successfully introduced a Continuity of Care Integrated team's model, the post holder will have the opportunity to work flexibly within either the Community or hospital setting, enabling the women of Coventry and Warwickshire to receive high quality continuity care. Working within this model enables the post holder to maintain clinical skills and expertise in all areas of Midwifery ensuring a safe service. By following this model will encourage autonomous practice and career progression.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire are an innovative and forward thinking trust with optimum opportunities to progress in your career. Closing date: Please complete your application as soon as possible as this advert will close once sufficient applications have been received.About us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Accountable for own actions in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct. Will contribute to corporate objectives, acting within local, Trust and statutory guidelines and policies at all times.
2. Effectively communicate information regarding clinical decisions, policy and care pathways to patients/carers and the multi-professional team.
3. A skilled practitioner and clinical leader providing support to the management team, participating in service/policy development.
4. Responsible for clinical assessment of a group of patients and management of a team, ensuring appropriate care is planned, implemented and evaluated/audited.
5. Responsible for the maintenance and development of her/his clinical skills
6. Organisation of cross-departmental/organisational activities including HR, resource, and bleep-holder responsibilities as appropriate.
7. Act for ward manager in her/his absence (Band 6 only)
8. Demonstrate highly technical and/or practical skills to ensure optimum patient management including complex patient monitoring equipment management and frequent administration of invasive tests/procedures.
9. Develop and educate staff, participating in mentorship and appraisal as required.
10. Utilise and ensure others utilise IT systems to secure accurate and timely patient, workforce and resource data available. For further details of the role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable Skills & AbilitesEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
University Hospitals Coventry
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.