An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 Band 6 and a Clinical Practice Educator band 6 to join our senior team on The Mary Anning Unit ( Frailty Unit) .
This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to develop their skills in leading and managing a team whist caring for the medically unwell older person and those with varying degrees of cognitive impairment.Main duties of the job
You will be working alongside our partner agencies to ensure the appropriate individualised care packages are formulated to facilitate ongoing care needs. You will also develop the skills required to orchestrate often complex discharge pathways .
The frailty unit cares for the medically unwell older person aiming for positive patient outcomes and acting always to optimise the care and protection of our elderly, often vulnerable clientele.About us
At DCHFT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff
Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our DCHFT Job Description and Person Specification (attached) tells you all about this role, what to expect and what is needed to succeed. When completing your application please make sure to tell us how your experience and skills fit the person specification.
Please contact us at Recruitment@dchft.nhs.uk if you are unable to view or download the attachment.
For all our roles, we are looking for staff who hold our Trust Values of Integrity, Respect Teamwork and Excellence, and who are passionate about providing the best patient care. To read more about our Trust and our Values search Dorset County Hospital online.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TREssential
- Registered nurse at degree level or working towards/or relevant experience
- Relevant specialty qualification/experience
- Evidence of CPD
- Teaching Qualification
SKILLS & COMPETENCIESEssential
- Demonstrate experience in working with acute elderly care.
- Understanding of professional nursing issues
- Knowledge of ageing processes and related mental / physical health problems
- Experience/ interest in patients with a diagnosis/potential diagnosis of Dementia and other illnesses affecting patient cognition
- Evidence of ability to practice as a proficient practitioner
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients & relatives
- Excellent time management
- Understanding of clinical governance and its requirements
- Evidence of an ability/ flexibility to lead team in absence of Senior Sister, and a willingness to develop relevant team management skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality
- Evidence of an area of specialist interest
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of critical appraisal skills
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.