We are seeking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic Full-Time Band 5 staff nurse with an RNC qualification in the Children's Ambulatory Care and Outpatient Unit. We are a very friendly team who are passionate about providing excellent care for Children and Young people and their families.Main duties of the job
Our Children's Ambulatory Care and Outpatient Unit caters for all disciplines within the Child Health Department and offers opportunities to work alongside teams offering a truly multidisciplinary approach to health care including nurse led clinics, supporting Specialist Nurses, Services are provided cross site within the CCG.
We offer a full range of education opportunities internal and external to maintain your continued professional development (CPD), including learning new skills in Venipuncture and Cannulation, Central Line management, and also Medicines Management in all aspects (IV and Oral). We want someone who is driven to help develop our Ambulatory service, and offer the best possible experience children and young people can have in the hospital setting.
For the role you should hold an RGN/RNCB/RM qualification.
We can offer comprehensive in-house and external training opportunities to enhance your personal development.
For an informal discussion please contact Sister Lucy Shelton 03006133883 or Matron Louisa Cantwell 03006132804.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals - Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our three core values, and the behaviors that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical, and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Our Childrens Ambulatory Care and Outpatient Unit caters for all disciplines within the Child Health Department and offers opportunities to work alongside teams offering a truly multidisciplinary approach to health care including nurse led clinics, supporting Specialist Nurses, Services are provided cross site within the CCG.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Children's RNC Nurse on NMC Register.
- Level 2 Safeguarding children Training.
- Mentorship Qualification
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children Training.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to overcome barriers to communication.
- Able to motivate, coach and encourage others
- Good organisational skills and able to prioritise and delegate.
- Confident in dealing with challenging situations.
- Administration of IV medication
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Phlebotomy/Cannulation Skills
- Full UK drivers licence.
- Experience in an acute setting and or ward Experience in administering Immunisations/ BCG with anaphylaxis knowledge (or working towards)
- Central venous access management
- Evidence of relevant post registration training and development.
- Computer/keyboard skills.
- Flexible working patterns
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 10
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.