Calling all superheroes!
We want all our young patients and their families to have a positive experience whilst at our Trust and are looking for some very special staff to join our team. Superpowers include ability to prioritise, resilience, communication, working as part of a team and independently, time management skills, a willingness to develop and also the ability to maintain high professional standards with an element of fun.
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated paediatric nurse who is passionate about delivering high quality care to the children of Preston and surrounding area. Paediatric Day Case is looking for a Staff Nurse to join our team. We can offer an induction package with a ward-based educator. The Trust also offers a package of health and well-being support to all staff.Main duties of the job
The Paediatric Day Case Unit is a 7 bedded area situated within the Children's Ward at Royal Preston hospital, catering for children aged 0-18 requiring paediatric day case surgery and day case medical investigations. Surgical specialties include general paediatric surgery, urology, ENT, Max Fax, orthopaedics and plastic surgery. The unit is open Monday to Saturday and we are looking to expand the opening hours to 07:00am to 7 pm in order to assist with the paediatric surgery recovery programme.
We have recently begun paediatric only surgical lists at Chorley Hospital once every two weeks. You will have the opportunity to be part of this innovative initiative.
We are a small team but are proud of the service we deliver. We work collectively as a team to constantly evaluate and improve our service where possible. We value everybody's input and see all staff as having a vital role in the delivery of high class, safe and effective care.
Children's Day Case has recently achieved a Gold Star in the Trust's Star Accreditation. This highlights the quality of the care provided to the children and their families on children's day case.
Working with others we have close links with the inpatient ward, children's outpatients department and paediatric community service. Our ward based team is multi-disciplinary including physios, pharmacist, play specialists, patient experience coordinator and CAMHS team.About us
We have 10000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As a trust we recognise the importance of securing the right candidate for a role and we therefore offer an attractive package of �1,500 for any nurse relocating more than an hour away from their current address.
For any further information regarding our relocation package please contact a member of the recruitment team. Duties to include, but not be limited to:
Person SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- To care for children undergoing day case surgical procedures from varying specialities. To plan and evaluate their care and to ensure their experience is optimised.
- To carry out telephone preoperative assessments of children undergoing day case surgery to ensure their suitability.
- Manage children attending the day case unit for various medical investigations, to also assist in the management of the diary and making appointments for children to attend.
Desirable Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- oAppropriate NMC Registration
- oRN1, RN2 General nursing posts or RN8 or RNC Children's nursing posts
- oDiploma in nursing
- oNMC recognised mentorship qualification or willingness to work towards following 18 months commencement in post
- oEvidence of continuing education or development for more experienced Band 5 nurses
- oWilling to expand clinical role eg IV additives, venepuncture and cannulation
- oKnowledge of clinical governance and the relevance to practice
- oKnowledge of relevant policies and procedures
- oDemonstrates competency during internship
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oKnowledge of leadership and management
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.