The specialist health team is a progressive service with highly qualified staff working within it , CBT and PBS training is provided to all staff with additional training available as the role requires.Main duties of the job
The specialist health team for learning disabilities work across the Durham and Darlington locality.
The team provide specialist behavioural and mental health support to clients across the locality and there would be an expectation that you work into all areas of Durham and Darlington.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.About us
There are three exciting opportunities within the Specialist Health Team (SHT) who provide complex assessments across the locality to people who have a learning disability and complex needs including Mental Health and behaviours that Challenge .The team works in collaboration with both the Durham integrated learning disability teams, Darlington community team and support to adult mental health services. The job is multi-faceted and the ideal candidate will be able to adapt to working with a multitude of professionals.
The main team base in Greenlane Council offices Spennymoor and has satellite hubs at Chester-le-Street Health Centre, Spectrum 8 Seaham and Hundens Lane Darlington.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to have a genuine desire to improve the mental health and well-being of adults with learning disability and behaviours that challenge. They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team enhancing the community service. Working with service users who require specialist interventions due to the impact of mental health/ behaviours that challenge, including adhering to the principles of trauma informed care , PBS and recovery based approaches.
The successful candidate must be motivated, flexible, and able to communicate effectively, and will be expected to take part in the nurse on-call, out of hours rota .
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RNMH or RNLD, current professional registration with NMC.
- Clinical Supervisor
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education
- Recognised sign-off mentor or must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Significant experience working with people with learning disabilities in a community setting
- Working collaboratively with clients and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Leadership or management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for clients in the designated field
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The Trust's Quality Improvement System (QIS)
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Across Durham and Darlington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.