At CNTW we strive to provide the BEST CARE, delivered by the BEST PEOPLE, to achieve the BEST OUTCOME.
As a Consultant, you will know what it means achieve this by leading a team. Striving for a better service leads to a better you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in inpatients Central as a Consultant Psychiatrist into a couple of our inpatient wards. There has been an expansion of the medical team working into these wards to make the jobs more relaxed allowing time for protected SPA activity and having the assistance of a medical assistant to ease admin chores.
The jobs will involve working with a highly specialized team including a nurse consultant, specialist nursing and enhanced pharmacy staff along with additional allied health professionals to assist in ensuring the environment is appropriate for complex needs especially for patients with autism and other specialist needs.
When you work for CNTW, you will work for a Trust that has been rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC and is ranked 1st nationally in GMC trainer survey for the support provides to trainers. You will make a difference in changing people's lives. You will join a medical workforce that is passionate about providing care and receive superb training and development opportunities and excellent staff benefits.Main duties of the job
You will be RC for 6-10 inpatients working with the MDT to provide the best evidence based effective high quality care for each patient. The candidate must be Section 12 approved and AC status is essential.
The role involves being a clinical supervisor for a full time specialty doctor and junior doctors on the ward including a core trainee and foundation doctor. The post holder will be responsible for providing mental health tribunal reports and attendance at MHATribunal hearings to give evidence as required. You will be an essential member of the ward leadership team, leading on clinical governance and ongoing service development work.
The post holder will work closely with other consultants in the service and provide cross cover for annual and study leave. You will be required to attend consultant meetings fortnightly with the associate medical director for the service to keep up to date with trust developmentsAbout usWhy us?
- Up to �8k relocation package
- 30 days study leave (every 3 years) with a generous study leave allowance
- Flexible working opportunities created with you involved in your job plan
- Remote working available as suits service needs
- Dedicated and protected SPA time
- Focus on creating a healthy workforce by investing heavily in health and wellbeing accessible support including emotional, physical, social, psychological financial and career well being
- Teaching and research opportunities available
- Stimulating CPD sessions and programs including mentoring, medical leadership, and coaching
- Teaching opportunities in our brand-new state of the art Medical Education Centre
- Employee Excellence awards
- Plus, lots more employee benefits including discounts. Find out more at thriveatcntw.co.uk
As an added bonus, the Trust is located in the Northeast of England and Cumbria which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks, ancient heritage sites and major cities supported by excellent national and international transport links. The area is predominantly rural and contains the Lake District National Park which is considered one of England's finest areas of natural beauty.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applicants should be on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the point of interview. Candidates should be suitably qualified, including eligibility for Section 12 approval and Approved Clinician status.
We are currently advertising for one position and everything that is entailed can be found within the job descriptions. Please note there are two job descriptions attached to this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- Registration with the GMC (or eligible to become registered) with a licence to practice
- Included on GMC Specialist Register (General Psychiatry) or eligible for inclusion, or a trainee within six months of CCT
- Approved as Approved clinician under the MHA 1983 or eligible for approval
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field
- Has undergone training in educational supervision.
- Has undergone training in appraisal
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Up to date knowledge in the field of Psychiatry
- Awareness of current issues and controversies in service provision, mental health policy and legislation
- Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
- Wide clinical experience in general adult psychiatry in different clinical settings
- Experience of Clinical Audit
- High level of clinical skills
- Proven competence in diagnosis and management of psychiatric disorders in Adult Psychiatry
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teaching skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a time efficient manner
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An area of special interest relevant to the post as demonstrated by publications or presentations to learned societies
- Experience in multi-agency work especially with service user, carer and voluntary agencies
- Established record of clinical leadership
- Established ability as a clinical teacher
- Holds a current driving licence
- Training in specific and relevant treatment skills eg a brief form of psychological therapy
- Experience in service management or development
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newcastle upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.