Do you have a passion for ensuring clinical services are best in class, pathways and processes are efficient, waste of resources is reduced and available funds are used to enable best patient care rather than lost in the system?
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and who wants to take initiative someone with excellent communication skills and who can work effectively with clinical and operational teams.
Using benchmarking data, process reviews and best practice guidance, you will support identification and delivery of benefits to improve efficiency and productivity ensuring value for money for our Gloucestershire citizens.Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Trust as a Divisional Programme Manager for the Medical Division working closely with other DPMs within Strategy & Transformation.
Service Transformation is a key objective for the Trust. We therefore require an individual who has experience of programme/project management and evidence of successful delivery of transformational schemes. The individual will be required to work within the Medical Division to support with:
- Opportunity identification through workshops and data benchmarking
- Project scoping
- Stakeholder identification
- Project Management
- Project tracking and escalation
- ReportingAbout us
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
The Strategy & Transformation Team provides the following:
- Assurance of the delivery process from identification of new idea/opportunity through to delivery eliminating or managing any obstacles or risks to success
- Supply of dedicated programme/project management capacity for selected schemes that require specialist PM skills to deliver the required change within operational or clinical teams
- Coordination and review of Divisional schemes with the Divisional Senior Finance Business Partner to identify the cumulative impact of any changes and/or improvements.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be accountable to the Programme Delivery Manager for successful delivery in a number of work areas. While specific targets and objectives will change, the key accountability areas for this post are:
- To proactively manage and lead programmes of work aligned with the strategic objectives of the Trust. In achieving this, the post holder will be guided in most situations by Trust objectives, policies and procedures and wider national requirements but will largely determine how these should be interpreted, applied and implemented locally.
- To lead on divisional or cross-divisional large scale and complex transformation and service improvement programmes
- To develop and performance manage large and complex programme plans with clear outcomes / benefits identified and all links and dependencies established.
- To ensure all projects are fully and formally evaluated and where appropriate that the Trusts strategic direction is influenced by the results. Ensure that business change and service improvement plans are synchronised with all other relevant programmes that are being undertaken across the Trust and wider healthcare system.
- Monitor and manage delivery against change plans and benefits targets producing regular management reports detailing performance levels and provide supporting information to explain improvements or degradation in service.
- Be responsible for the documentation of risks, issues and lessons learned, and where appropriate facilitate lessons learned workshops with stakeholders.
- Using S& T templates, supporting the scoping of potential schemes, facilitate benefits analysis, stakeholder mapping, equality & quality impact assessment and project initiation / proposal submission and approval gateway process.
- To establish and manage programme boards, ensuring the chair and other members are briefed to ensure the desired challenge, decision or outcome is achieved at board meetings.
- To produce written performance reports for the Trust Board on a programme of change management projects.
- The design, coordination and facilitation of, and participation in, workshops and short-term working groups developing and implementing improved standard ways of working across the Trust.
- Using comprehensive knowledge and understanding of clinical pathways and processes, work with clinicians and health care professionals to make best use of new technologies and deliver sustainable business change that improves patient experience and outcomes.
- Develop and implement a variety of strategies to deal with resistance to change and motivate stakeholders at all levels.
- To coach and support project managers to ensure operational and organisational benefits are achieved.
- To promote a culture in the organisation that recognises the benefits of a project & programme management and service improvement approaches to deliver change
- To work with others to develop and sustain capacity and capability for change management and service improvement in the organisation.
- Identify opportunities for improvements using benchmarking data and other performance and costing data (such as Model Hospital, PLICS, Dr. Foster, local audit data etc.)
- Working alongside Project leads, Finance Business Partners and other stakeholders, ensure measurable financial and non-financial benefits of projects are being identified, tracked and reported on consistently including to the Programme Delivery Manager and Finance Assurance Manager and any non-delivery escalated appropriately.
- To establish links with change management leads in other areas to ensure the links and dependencies are identified.
- To make formal presentations to large groups of staff across the Trust where there may be significant resistance to change and barriers to understanding.
- Line management duties relating to recruitment, performance management, appraisal and development of staff within the Directorate.
- To represent Gloucestershire and/ or the Trust at relevant local and national events e.g. Integrated Care System, clinical networks and other partnership agencies.
- To carry out other duties as required from time to time as directed by Programme Delivery ManagerPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Advanced practical and theoretical knowledge of a wide range of project areas acquired through post graduate diploma plus further specialist project management knowledge or experience to master's level or equivalent.
- Project & programme management and change management qualifications (e.g. Prince2, MSP, Agile, APMP)
- Service Improvement qualifications (e.g. LEAN, Flow, SixSigma, DMAIC, Theory of Constraints)
- Evidence of continued personal and professional development
- Substantial years related service improvement / programme management experience
- Experience of working in the NHS (or similar fast moving, customer-focused, quality led environment), with demonstrable Programme and project management experience leading change / service improvement with measurable outcomes
- Demonstrable experience of working with clinicians (or other professional body), and operational staff groups, securing early and consistent engagement.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of relevant business change techniques such as business process re-engineering, capacity and demand analysis, benefits identification and modelling
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of project & programme management methodologies and reporting
- Knowledge of service improvement tools and techniques including process mapping and business analysis, financial and data analysis, process and pathway redesign, and defining and measuring improvements.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, negotiating and influencing skills demonstrated through experience of working at a senior level in highly complex and demanding systems and environments
- Ability to understand complex data, utilise benchmarking output and be able to identify opportunities for improvement
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.