We are looking for dynamic, confident and motivated mental health practitioners with excellent communication skills, who have the ability to assess and lead on clinical decision making to join our established Crisis Response Team. This is an exciting and challenging role, working in a fast paced working environment.Main duties of the job
You will respond to service users in a mental health crisis and your role will consist of clinical telephone triage and face to face holistic, mental health assessments. These will incorporate robust risk assessment treatment planning.
A variety of experience can also be gained through working across the Urgent Care
The Urgent Care Pathway consists of Hospital Liaison, Crisis Response Team and Home First Team providing mental health crisis care for the Colchester & Tendring area. The teams work closely and there are opportunities to experience working in these teams if the need arises.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In addition to the above duties you will also be expected to perform the below key activities in line with your job role
- Complete mandatory training in line with Trust policy and procedures
- To participate in the staff appraisal scheme for any staff you manage
- To keep yourself updated on all matters relating to Trust policy
- To provide management supervision where appropriate
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year working shifts, where appropriate and operationally required.
The above Job Description does not purport to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder will be expected to undertake additional duties as the requirements of the post change.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN Part 3 or equivalent social work/AHP qualification
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC/HCPC
- Specific training in a recognised therapy e.g. EMDR, CBT, DBT
- Experience of working in a health, social care of community setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive information
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of working with people with mental health conditions and vulnerable service users
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral/business/handover
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of the Paris system
- Knowledge of the physical health needs of service users
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.