We are an ambitious trust with a clear vision, to provide the communities we serve with excellent healthcare and build a better future for the people of East Suffolk and North Essex.
To help us do this, we work closely with our local partners and stakeholders to deliver more joined-up services and care for our patient population.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager with good communication, analytical and problem solving skills to be part of a team managing a wide variety of commissioning services and contract arrangements.
If you have the vision and commitment to take forward this role and share our desire to put patients at the heart of everything we do then we would like to hear from you. Main duties of the job
- Ensure that service delivery standards are achieved
- Work collaboratively with Divisional Directors, Clinical Leads, Operational leads, and other colleagues to ensure that service delivery and improvement plans are developed, implemented and reviewed
- Ensure that financial controls are established and maintained within the relevant department
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the Trust to drive the achievement of the Trust's corporate goals and business plan, including the achievement of all the relevant performance standards incorporating quality, safety, contractual, financial and people
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust, ensuring the positive development of the Trust brand, championing the Trust's values
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven experience of working in a management/leadership role
- Experience of managing / leading a team
- Experience of facilitating change in practice to improve services
- Project management / co-ordination
- Previous responsibility for a budget
- Experience of procurement and / or contract management processes
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or significant experience of working at degree level
- Management / leadership qualification or equivalent knowledge at post graduate level
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Project Management Qualification
- Financial procedures including budgetary management.
- Business planning / annual planning.
- Good understanding of change management.
- Use of IT systems (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) - standard keyboard skills.
- Understanding of the NHS and current agenda.
- Demonstrable knowledge of service improvements and project management.
- Risk management and governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS IT systems
- NHS commissioning
- NHS contracting
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.